It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:28 pm

ped up, Gronkowski said. Thats whats so specia 

Post ped up, Gronkowski said. Thats whats so specia
PHOENIX -- Gerald Green was in a generous mood after his best game of the season. Green had a strong second half to finish with a season-high 28 points and lead the Phoenix Suns in a 121-114 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday night. Green then pledged to pay any fine the NBA might hand down to rookie teammate Alex Len, who was ejected after a flagrant foul following an altercation involving the Lakers Nick Young in the second quarter. "Hope the NBA doesnt do anything, but if it does, Ill take care of it," Green said. Green was careful with his shooting, shying away for 3-point attempts and finishing 12 for 18 from the field. "I felt like I wasnt settling for my jumper," Green said. "Coach is still telling to shoot the ball so Im going to continue to do that. I just tried not to take as many 3s as I normally do." Channing Frye had 10 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter and Markieff Morris scored 17 of his 24 in the first half to help the Suns snap a three-game skid. Goran Dragic added 18 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Pau Gasol scored 24 points to lead the Lakers and Wesley Johnson had 22 against his former team. Los Angeles, already short-handed with five players -- including star Kobe Bryant -- out with injuries, lost leading-scorer Young midway through the second quarter when he was ejected for throwing a punch at Dragic. After being hit in the face by Len going up for a layup, Young retaliated by shoving Len and then swinging at Dragics face while being pushed away from the fray. Len was tossed and the Suns Marcus Morris was issued a technical foul for his role in the fracas. Young, who had nine points at the time, took off his jersey and tossed his undershirt into the crowd on his way to the locker room. "I just reacted and got caught up in the moment. Like anyone would have," Young said. "It was a tough foul." Young expressed his displeasure with his teammates for not coming to his defence after the Lakers lost for the sixth straight time. Young could face a suspension for his actions and leave the Lakers in more dire straits. "What Im mad about is it was 1-on-5," Young said. "I felt like if someone would have gotten in the middle of everything it wouldnt have escalated as much. I felt bad for Dragic. He was right there. I didnt throw (a) punch. I was trying to shove people out of my way. I was getting pushed further back. It was more trying to get out." The Lakers led by 13 points in the second quarter after Youngs ejection. A 3-pointer from the top of the key by Kendall Marshall gave the Lakers a 56-43 lead. The Suns finished the quarter on an 11-2 run, topped off by P.J. Tuckers layup at the halftime buzzer to cut the Lakers lead to 58-54. The Suns led by eight in the first quarter, but the Lakers scored the last nine points of the period to take a 27-26 lead into the second. Back-to-back baskets by Chris Kaman put Los Angeles ahead. Green scored 16 of his points in the third quarter, and his block of Gasols layup attempt started a fast-break resulted in a basket by Dragic that put the Suns ahead 72-70. Greens step-back 20-foot jumper gave the Suns a 79-74 lead with 4:09 left in the third. His chest-pass assist for Fryes dunk made it 86-79 for Phoenix with 55 seconds left. "We started attacking the rim," Frye said. "We need to be aggressive, take advantage of mismatches and get out and run." The Lakers tied the score at 91 with Johnsons 3-pointer at the 9:53 mark of the fourth quarter. But back-to-back layups from Suns reserve Ish Smith made it 102-93, and the Suns were never seriously threatened the rest of the way. "Were not winning and again, we gave up 30-some (37) in transition and about 60 or 70 (64) in the paint, and thats where its been the last five or six games," Lakers coach Mike DAntoni said. "Weve got to be able to solve that problem somehow." NOTES: The Suns are a win away from their first regular season sweep of the Lakers since the 2004-2005 season. ... Suns G Leandro Barbosa hurt his right shoulder late in the loss at New York on Monday, according to Phoenix coach Jeff Hornacek. Barbosa did not play Wednesday but Hornacek hopes to have him available Friday against Dallas. ... Hornacek was issued a technical foul in the second quarter after arguing a non-call. ... With three point guards out, the Lakers went with former Suns first-round draft pick Marshall as the starter. Marshall, the 13th overall pick of the 2012 NBA draft for Phoenix, finished with 10 points and 13 assists. Tedy Bruschi Jersey .Manager Brendan Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo on Friday that Sturridge pulled his calf muscle in training as he prepared to return from a five-week layoff due to a thigh strain. Danny Amendola Jersey . In a series of tweets, it is explained by the Department of Player Safety that Niederreiter makes full body contact with Burrows and although there is head contact, he does not "pick" the head in the course of making the hit. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com ... wl-Jersey/. - After three days of light, make that very light, workouts, Team Irvin and Team Carter are ready for tonights Pro Bowl. Dwayne Allen Jersey .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude. Eric Rowe Jersey . Watch all the action unfold live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. You can also watch the game live with the debut of Wednesday Night Hockey on TSN.ca and chat throughout the game with TSN.PHOENIX - Rob Gronkowskis ankle is fine. So are his forearm and knee. Hes way past those injuries that ruined his last three postseasons.You cant even hurt his feelings.So when Seattle nickel back Jeremy Lane says I actually dont think hes that good, the best tight end in the NFL says, simply, Everyones entitled to their own opinion.Of course, the 265-pound Gronkowski can change that opinion when the Patriots face the Seahawks and the 190-pound Lane in the Super Bowl on Sunday. Healthy again, he should be a handful.Ready to roll, he said Tuesday.Gronkowski missed the AFC championship games the past two years with a broken left forearm in 2013 and a torn ACL and MCL in his right knee in 2014. In the Super Bowl in 2012, he was limited by a high left ankle sprain. New England lost all three.The fun-loving but hard-working Gronkowski was back on a Super Bowl Media Day platform on Tuesday. His laugh and smile were present, just as they were three years ago. The questions were different.It feels good to be 100 per cent healthy, he said, and not get a million questions like last time about my ankle.Even when he got them, his sense of humour kicked in.Asked before the 2012 game how he was feeling, Gronkowski said with a grin, Good. How are you feeling?When another ankle question came up Tuesday, even though that body part hasnt sidelined him this season, he said, Its very good. Thanks for worrying about my ankle.Thats Gronkowski. He keeps a light touch whether hes healthy or hobbling. His upbeat character rubs off on teammates.The young man has had to deal with so much early on in his career and he has a great, great attitude and a great heart. Hes got a unique joy about him, Patriots special teams star Matthew Slater said. Even in the midst of that adversity, he was staying positive. He was focused on getting back on the field.Gronkowski rehabbed obsessively, played in the opener and gradually made a greater impact. He caught just 13 passes, although three were for touchdowns, in the first four games. But in each of the next fiive, he had at least five catches with 100 or more yards receiving in three of them.dddddddddddd He knocks down defenders and keeps on running.Totally back to my old self, said Gronkowski, who holds NFL single-season records for most touchdowns and yards receiving by a tight end. Going into that Cincinnati game (six catches for 100 yards) in Week 5, everything just kicked in and I felt good, he said.He has a touchdown catch in each of his two playoff games.But now he must face the NFLs best defence. Seattle allowed the fewest points, yards and yards passing.Depending on where he lines up — wide, in the slot or right next to the tackle — Gronkowski will be covered by different defenders. On some plays, it will be 232-pound safety Kam Chancellor. On others it could be linebackers K.J. Wright or Bobby Wagner. And when the Seahawks play a zone defence, cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell may get a crack at him.No matter who covers him, Gronkowski wont back down.He recalled that in high school when someone would deliver a big hit, he and his teammates would go crazy.Hes taking that same passion for physical play into the most important game Sunday.It gets you amped up, Gronkowski said. Thats whats so special about (football) is how hard you can go and just take whatever you have built up and just go full speed at someone and level them. And someone can do that to you, so youve got to be ready at all times.No wonder wide receiver Julian Edelman calls him just a big goofball who has fun playing football.Or why team owner Robert Kraft said Tuesday, In our next life, a lot of people might want to be Rob. He never has a bad day.Now, for the first time in four years, he has a healthy shot at having a good day in the final game of the Patriots season.Its definitely a tough experience being hurt for big games, Gronkowski said. Definitely dont take the game for granted anymore. Its an honour to be out there on the field with my teammates.___Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:38 am