It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:11 am

owing leg injuries to heal in 2011 

Post owing leg injuries to heal in 2011
DALLAS -- The Dallas Stars signed forward Colton Sceviour to a two-year contract Friday through the 2015-16 season. Sceviour has spent most of his five years in the Stars organization with their affiliate in the American Hockey League. He leads the AHL with 31 goals this season for the Texas Stars. A fourth-round pick in 2007, Sceviour made his debut with the Stars in 2011. He has five points (three goals, two assists) in 10 career NHL games. Sceviour has 98 goals and 140 assists in 344 AHL games. Sam Acho Jersey . -- Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is going to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks. Kyle Long Jersey . The 17-year-old had four goals and four assists in 38 games for Liberec in the Czech pro league this past season. Zacha had three goals and two assists in seven games at the world mens under-18 championship in April when the Czech Republic took the silver medal. http://www.bearsauthenticproshop.com/Mi ... rs-Jersey/. Zdeno Chara scored with 13 seconds left in regulation after David Krejci tied it late, lifting the Bruins to a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh on Saturday night in a game that saw Orpik taken from the ice on a stretcher. Eddie Jackson Jersey .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Charles Leno Jersey .com) - The St.DUBLIN, Ohio -- Tiger Woods withdrew from the U.S. Open on Wednesday as he recovers from back surgery that has kept him out of golf for nearly three months. It will be the second U.S. Open, and sixth major, he has missed because of injury over the last six years. The U.S. Open is June 12-15 at Pinehurst No. 2, where Woods tied for third in 1999 and was runner-up in 2005. The announcement on his website was not surprising. A week ago at a promotional event for the Quicken Loans National at Congressional, Woods said he still had not taken a full swing with a golf club and did not know when he could. He had microdiscetomy surgery to relieve a pinched nerve on March 31. "Unfortunately, I wont be there because Im not yet physically able to play competitive golf," Woods said. "Id like to convey my regrets to the USGA leadership, the volunteers and the fans that I wont be at Pinehurst. The U.S. Open is very important to me, and I know its going to be a great week." Woods last played on March 9 at Doral, where he closed with a 78 while suffering what he called back spasms. He withdrew in the middle of the final round at the Honda Classic with back pain a week earlier. Woods is a three-time U.S. Open champion, one short of the record shared by Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones and Willie Anderson. His most recent U.S. Open victory was in 2008 at Torrey Pines, where he won in a playoff over Rocco Mediate a week before he had season-ending knee surgery. That was his 14th victory in 46 majors, a winning ratee of 30 per cent as a pro.dddddddddddd He has not won a major since Torrey Pines, leaving him four short of Nicklaus record. Woods missed the British Open and PGA Championship after knee surgery in 2008. He missed the U.S. Open and British Open while allowing leg injuries to heal in 2011. He missed the Masters for the first time in April because of back surgery. Nicklaus said earlier Wednesday that Woods health would be the biggest obstacle in breaking his record in the majors. Woods called Nicklaus earlier Wednesday to express regrets about missing the Memorial, and Nicklaus said that Woods indicated he was making progress. "If hes healthy, I think Tiger has got 10-plus years to play top quality tournament golf," Nicklaus said. "And Ive said many times, hes got a little over 40 tournaments to play the major championships; hes only got to win five to pass my record. As good a player as he is, I dont think that should be a big deal. But then again, hes got to do it. Plus, hes also got to be healthy to be able to do it." Woods has not indicated when he might be able to return to competition, saying that would be up to his doctors and how he recovers from the surgery. "Despite missing the first two majors, and several other important tournaments, I remain very optimistic about this year and my future," he said. While Woods wont be at Pinehurst, niece Cheyenne Woods will be there the following week for the U.S. Womens Open. She earned a spot Wednesday in qualifying in Scottsdale, Arizona. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:44 am