It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 pm

lds, who underwent a surgical procedu 

Post lds, who underwent a surgical procedu
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Dale Earnhardt Jr. extended his run as NASCARs most popular driver with his 12th consecutive win.Earnhardt was presented with the NASCAR Sprint NMPA Most Popular Driver Award at Friday nights season-ending awards ceremony. Earnhardt last year broke a tie with 16-time winner Bill Elliott for most consecutive years as winner.He thanked his fan base, known as JR Nation, and said joining Twitter this year made him more aware of how determined his fans are to help him win the award. He said hed wake up each day and check his Twitter timeline to see it is just full of these fans, I voted, I voted, Earnhardt said. That was probably the most humbling experience. I got to know my fans in a whole new way this year.Completing the top 10 in total votes for this years award were (listed alphabetically): Carl Edwards, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, Brad Keselowski, Danica Patrick, Tony Stewart and Josh Wise.Keselowski feigned shock over Earnhardts win while Earnhardt accepted the trophy.Darn, Really thought I had it this year! he posted on Twitter.Only 17 drivers have won the most popular driver award since its inception in 1956. Elliott removed his name from consideration following his 16th victory in 2002.Earnhardts streak began the next season.His fan base this year was able to celebrate a banner season in which he opened the year with a victory in the Daytona 500. Earnhardt won four races and finished eighth in the final point standings.He was also honoured Thursday with the prestigious Myers Brothers award, which recognizes the winner for their contributions to the sport.After accepting the award Friday, Earnhardt revealed he gave his speech for the first time without prepared remarks. He said he didnt like how he sounded last year in accepting most popular driver — it didnt seem genuine to me, he said — so he went off the cuff on the stage this time.I hope my remarks came across well because I genuinely do appreciate all the effort from the fans, Earnhardt said. It really is overwhelming to be able to continue to win this award. This was a good year because of all the victories we were able to deliver on the race track. The other years, it was difficult to accept the award because of our performance.I feel like I have a good idea in other forms of sport or celebrity, and our fans are truly the most loyal, most devoted, most vocal. NFL Jerseys Clearance . Hall joined Bengals teammates for a voluntary workout on Monday. Hes got his mobility back and is on schedule to be ready for the season. CINCINNATI - Bengals cornerback Leon Hall is happy with his recovery from a torn Achilles tendon and expects to be ready for the start of training camp in July. Cheap NFL Store . Osasunas Alvaro Cejudo drove the ball onto the crossbar in the fifth minute and his team squandered several long-range strikes before he was denied one-on-one by goalkeeper Jaime Jimenez in the 50th. http://www.nflfanspro.com/. The club announced Friday that Mauro Biello will be kept on as an assistant to coach Jesse Marsch when the Impact join the MLS in 2012. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. NFL Jerseys Discount .com) - Graeme McDowell opened up with a first- round, 5-under 67 on Thursday and he holds a 2-shot lead at the WGC - HSBC Champions.BROOKLYN - Raptors iron man DeMar DeRozan will miss his first game in nearly two years when Toronto faces the Brooklyn Nets in an important Atlantic Division showdown on Monday. DeRozan, who did not make the trip to Brooklyn, sprained his left foot/ankle in Saturdays loss to the Clippers. X-rays were negative but there is no timetable for his return. The Raptors leading scorer sustained the injury early in the second quarter after coming down on the foot of Hedo Turkoglu. Slow to get up, DeRozan stayed in the game for just under seven minutes, also starting the third quarter before he hobbled to the locker room and was ruled out for the remainder of the contest. "He wanted to see if he could go, but he couldnt," Dwane Casey said following Saturdays loss. "He tried, but just couldnt get going." DeRozan hadnt seen the play when he spoke to the media after the game and couldnt say whether or not the defender had malicious intent. He and Turkoglu exchanged words on the court shortly after the injury occurred. "He was asking me what happened," said the Raptors guard. "Whether I was alright, and if I thought he came under me or not." Since the Raptors selected him wwith the ninth overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft, DeRozan has missed eight games in four-and-a-half seasons and just three since his rookie year.dddddddddddd Seventh in the NBA in minutes played, DeRozan is averaging career-bests 21.8 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists this season. Already missing Landry Fields, who underwent a surgical procedure on his wrist last week, the Raptors will be shorthanded at the wing positions for however long DeRozan is out. With John Salmons playing through a sore back, its unlikely the 34-year-old will be able to absorb DeRozans minutes. Casey will undoubtedly lean on sophomore Terrence Ross, coming off a remarkable 51-point career game. DeRozans injury could create an opportunity for Steve Novak to find his way back into the rotation and Greivis Vasquez may see more time in the backcourt alongside Kyle Lowry, depending on the matchup. Patrick Patterson made the trip to Brooklyn and is expected to play Monday after taking a Blake Griffin elbow to the face and breaking his nose on Saturday. Tyler Hansbrough, who has missed 13 straight games with an ankle injury, is also with the team and will be a game-time decision. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:39 am