It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 pm

His trial is scheduled for Nov. 19.T 

Post His trial is scheduled for Nov. 19.T
Slaven Bilic is hoping Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney does not make his long-awaited comeback against West Ham on Wednesday after labelling the striker the best England player of his era. Rooney is in contention to play some part of Uniteds FA Cup quarter-final replay against the Hammers at the Boleyn Ground having played just over an hour for the clubs U21 side on Monday.The 30-year-old has been missing with a knee injury since a 2-1 defeat at Sunderland on February 13 but manager Louis van Gaal hinted he could be involved in the cup tie. Rooney, like United as a whole, has struggled this season and has scored just seven Premier League goals - seeing his starting berth for England brought into question given the goalscoring form of both Jamie Vardy and Harry Kane.United sit fifth in the table - four points adrift of Manchester City in fourth spot - and were beaten 3-0 at Tottenham on Sunday. Rooney played 61 minutes for Uniteds U21s in the 1-0 win over Middlesbrough They return to London as underdogs against a West Ham side looking to win their final ever cup tie at the Boleyn Ground ahead of their summer move to the Olympic Stadium.But Bilic is a big fan of Rooney and insists he would be happy to see Englands all-time leading goalscorer sit out the contest altogether.Asked if Rooney had a point to prove given his lack of goals, Bilic replied: I dont know about that. LVG: We must contain Carroll Louis van Gaal says Man Utd will need to nullify the threat posed by Andy Carroll... To be fair I am a massive Rooney fan. Since he stepped on the pitch in an Everton shirt. He is for me - I dont know, I cant talk about Jimmy Greaves or Bobby Charlton or Bobby Moore or any of them - lets say my football era, Rooney is the best English player.I would rather him not play, put it that way. 100 per cent, 70 per cent fit, I would rather him watch the game.He played last night, him and Phil Jones. I dont know. On one hand, most of the teams on a good run, they dont change the team a lot.Now because they lost 3-0 we really dont know whos going to play, is it going to be Rooney from the start, is it going to be (Marouane) Fellaini, is it going to be (Ander) Herrera? Is he going to change a lot or stick to the team? Slaven Bilic hailed Rooney ahead of the final FA Cup clash to be held at the Boleyn Ground We dont know. So it makes it harder for us. But we arent going to change the team because of them.West Ham sit just a point and a place behind United in the Premier League table and still have to face Van Gaals side in what is scheduled to be the last-ever competitive fixture at the Boleyn Ground when they meet in the league next month.Uniteds season has been a forgettable one so far - but Bilic knows they can turn on the style at the drop of a hat and that a Wembley semi-final date with Everton on April 23 is anything but a given. Charlies FA Cup prediction Charlie Nicholas tips West Ham to progress to the FA Cup semi-finals over Manchester United... When asked if United had lost their fear factor, the Croatian said: Yes, but they can get that fear factor back during the game.To get it back on paper you need a good run, you need five games, you need big wins against big clubs, to get it back before the game.But during the game, they can get it back like this. And they have done it so far. What worries me a little bit is that every time they were there, they got a result. Whether against Liverpool at the beginning of the season, or against Arsenal, every time. So make no mistake. We know that. Of course we are not going to make our players be afraid of them, no. But respect them.We know who is coming. They are capable, of course they are capable. They have played hundreds of games like we are going to face tomorrow night, those players.Follow West Ham v Man Utd on skysports.com and via the Sky Sports apps. Also See: Scans confirm Sakho injury LVG: We must contain Carroll LLDC told make details public West Ham v Man Utd preview Cheap Red Wings Jerseys . The 22-year-old slugger, who is no stranger to adversity, made up for it at the end. Adidas Nick Jensen Jersey .7 million, one-year contract.The deal, announced Friday, includes a $50,000 performance bonus if the left-hander appears in 60 games. http://www.cheapredwingsjerseys.com/. -- Among the 31 players at the Montreal Canadiens rookie camp, none feels closer to cracking the NHL roster than right winger Aaron Palushaj. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Authentic . Bjoergen pulled away from Swedens Charlotte Kalla on the final straight to win in 38 minutes, 33.6 seconds and defend her title from the 2010 Vancouver Games. Kalla was 1.8 seconds back. Heidi Weng of Norway took bronze. Adidas Niklas Kronwall Jersey . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start.Putting his swimming career on hold after his second DUI arrest, Olympic champion Michael Phelps began a six-week program Sunday that he said will provide the help I need to better understand myself.The winningest athlete in Olympic history made the announcement in a series of posts on his Twitter account.According to his representatives at Octagon, Phelps entered an in-patient program that will keep him from competing at least through mid-November, though theres no indication he plans to give up swimming.The past few days have been extremely difficult, Phelps said in a statement. I recognize that this is not my first lapse in judgment, and I am extremely disappointed with myself. Im going to take some time away to attend a program that will provide the help I need to better understand myself.He added, Swimming is a major part of my life, but right now I need to focus my attention on me as an individual, and do the necessary work to learn from this experience and make better decisions in the future.The 29-year-old Phelps was arrested early Tuesday and charged with drunken driving in his native Baltimore. Police said he failed a series of field sobriety tests and had a blood-alcohol content of 0.14 per cent, well above the legal limit of 0.08.Phelps retired after the 2012 Olympics in London, having won a record 18 gold medals and 22 medals overall. But he returned to competition this year with the goal of making the 2016 Rio Games.His comeback has produced encouraging results, including three golds and two silvers at the Pac Pacific Championships in August.Now, swimming is on the backburner.A statement from Octagon said Phelps was entering a comprehensive program that will help him focus on all of his life experiences and identify areas of need for long-term personal growth and development.Michael takes this matter seriously and intends to share his learning experiences with others in the future, the statement said.While Phelps was still working out his schedule for the upcoming year, he will surely miss the first U.S. Grand Prix meet at Minneapolis, which begins Nov. 20. The remaining five Grand Prix meets are all in the first half of 2015 — important steps in the lead-up to next summers world championships in Russia.ddddddddddddPhelps has already qualified for the worlds, the biggest meet on the swimming calendar outside of the Olympics. He was not planning to compete in the short course world championships, which will be held in early December in Qatar. The U.S. team for that meet, which includes longtime Phelps rival Ryan Lochte, was announced last week.Chuck Wielgus, the executive director of USA Swimming, praised Phelps for entering a program. The governing body suspended him for three months in 2009 after a photo emerged showing Phelps using a marijuana pipe, even though he was not charged.USA Swimming has not taken any disciplinary action for his second DUI arrest.We fully support Michaels decision to place his health and well-being as the number one priority, Wielgus said. His self-recognition and commitment to get help exhibit how serious he is to learn from this experience.Phelps was also charged with excessive speed and crossing double lane lines in the Fort McHenry Tunnel on Interstate 95, according to the Maryland Transportation Authority Police. An officer reported that Phelps was clocked going 84 mph in a 45-mph zone.His trial is scheduled for Nov. 19.The statement of probable cause said Phelps eyes were red, bloodshot, and his speech was mush mouth. When asked to do a one-leg stand, Phelps replied, Thats not happening, according to the statement.Phelps was previously charged with drunken driving as a 19-year-old, fresh off his second Olympic games in Greece, where he won six gold medals. He pleaded guilty to the charges, but as a young first-time offender he was able to avoid conviction. He was granted probation before judgment and sentenced to 18 months on probation and a fine.If convicted of the latest charges, Phelps faces up to a year in jail, a $1,000 fine and the loss of his drivers license for six months. However, legal experts said its unlikely the swimmer would have to serve any jail time.___Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:00 am