It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:51 am




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 SADDAM HUSSEIN EXECUTED 
Author Message
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:31 pm
Posts: 1869
Post SADDAM HUSSEIN EXECUTED
just seen news. looks like he was hanged early hrs of this morning. anyone else seen it?

_________________
Don't Steal!, Become a M.P, Its Not Theft, Its Expenses...


Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:43 am
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:26 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Oldham
Post 
i guess we saw it at the same time! can you move or delete my post?


Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:46 am
Profile
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:31 pm
Posts: 1869
Post 
yeh we posted at same time .. ok urs had gone.

so what do u think of the news then? u glad hes gone or not bothered?

_________________
Don't Steal!, Become a M.P, Its Not Theft, Its Expenses...


Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:47 am
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 42
Post 
He's not gone. They filmed him up until the crucial moment, turned the camera off, then they all went to Wimpy before releasing a statement


Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:56 am
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:26 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Oldham
Post 
Dan wrote:

so what do u think of the news then? u glad hes gone or not bothered?


I can't believe they have actually gone through with it, i always thought he would die in prison like Milosevic did.

I dont see the difference it would have made to the Americans (Bush) if he was locked up for life. In someways that would have been more of a punishment.

Quote:
The United Nations and many of Washington's Western allies called on Bush and Maliki not to go ahead with the execution.


I guess Bush has got blood on his hands too and has done
what his father could not.


Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:59 am
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 618
Location: South London
Post 
Saddam had to go. He was another Hitler, he did the most unimaginable things to his own people. For the people of Iraq he had to go, however much we may be against capital punishment ( for those of us who are of course). It had to be done.
Mass graves of millions, men, women, pregnant women, children, babies, any age, all with a bullet in the back of their heads. Torture, gassing. Ethnic cleansing.
Yep, we will all get on with our lives as normal, we are lucky enough to be able to do that, we are lucky enough to live in a safe place ( believe me, when you live with suicide bombers day in and day out and a dictator who orders you to be taken away at a moments notice to be shot because you dont support him) our place is safe. Sadly not as safe as we would like I know because we now we have the fanatics here too.
Those poor people have suffered enough, like sadly, millions of others in the world. So this day is for them. I hope things dont get worse for them now in iraq because of the fanatics out there but today is so so important for them. It may just ease a bit of the pain they have been through. Believe me, it's a pain that you do not realise because they dont show it on the news, too horrific.
It's a cruel world we live in. Let's hope 2007 brings some peace to at least some people in the world.
Bit by bit, if everyone pulls together to change the mentality of those naive ones out there we can then make our world a better place to live.


xxxxxxx

_________________
FabD9Hosting
Turn Internet Traffic Into A Steady Income
You Want To Save Money On Ebay Don't You?


Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:21 am
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:26 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Oldham
Post 
northstar wrote:
when you live with suicide bombers day in and day out and a dictator who orders you to be taken away at a moments notice to be shot because you dont support him


But is Iraq any safer without him? The answer to that is no,
and it wont be for years


Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 pm
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 618
Location: South London
Post 
No, at the moment it isnt because sadly there are a few of his supporters around who are going to cause hell for the people by suicide bombings etc
If they can get their government sorted then it will be a long road but they will get there.
Also, sadly, with Bush around, none of us are safe anymore. The media isnt helping either by continually talking about the sunnis and shias in Iraq, as if they are against each other. They were never separated before and lived perfectly happily before Saddam declared himself leader back in the 70's.
Somalia have just managed to get rid of muslim fanatics, Iraq can do it too.
Part of me wishes we didnt have any boundaries or borders, why we cant all just live on this lovely planet of ours without all this crap going on. I will never be able to understand why or how one human being can do such awful things to another and be able to sleep at night and also be able to get away with it for years with the rest of the world watching.

_________________
FabD9Hosting
Turn Internet Traffic Into A Steady Income
You Want To Save Money On Ebay Don't You?


Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:24 pm
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 521
Location: Southampton
Post 
I am opposed on principle to Capital Punishment - 2 wrongs don't make a right, and no-one on this planet has the right to take life.

There will be reprisals in Iraq.

Why was he not tried in The Hague? Because the US supports the Death Penalty and wanted Saddam to be executed, and that is a sentence that cannot be handed down in The Hague.

Tinne now gets off her soapbox

Tinne.


Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:09 pm
Profile
member
member

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 1520
Location: "Somewhere above the centre of the Earth!" " that's a strange name,
Post 
northstar wrote:
Saddam had to go. He was another Hitler, he did the most unimaginable things to his own people. For the people of Iraq he had to go, however much we may be against capital punishment ( for those of us who are of course). It had to be done.
Mass graves of millions, men, women, pregnant women, children, babies, any age, all with a bullet in the back of their heads. Torture, gassing. Ethnic cleansing.
Yep, we will all get on with our lives as normal, we are lucky enough to be able to do that, we are lucky enough to live in a safe place ( believe me, when you live with suicide bombers day in and day out and a dictator who orders you to be taken away at a moments notice to be shot because you dont support him) our place is safe. Sadly not as safe as we would like I know because we now we have the fanatics here too.
Those poor people have suffered enough, like sadly, millions of others in the world. So this day is for them. I hope things dont get worse for them now in iraq because of the fanatics out there but today is so so important for them. It may just ease a bit of the pain they have been through. Believe me, it's a pain that you do not realise because they dont show it on the news, too horrific.
It's a cruel world we live in. Let's hope 2007 brings some peace to at least some people in the world.
Bit by bit, if everyone pulls together to change the mentality of those naive ones out there we can then make our world a better place to live.


xxxxxxx


NorthStar, 'You are Wrong, on all counts here!

_________________
"In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all – security, comfort, and freedom. Whet the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again"


Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 618
Location: South London
Post 
I dont agree with Capital Punishment either and Im no supporter of Bush/America's policies but Saddam was a different dictator/leader who didnt give any opponents a chance. He always declared that 100% of the people voted for him all these years. He never gave all those millions of men, women and innocent children and babies a chance when he put bullets in the backs of their heads. He got rid of anyone who threatened to stand in his way, for all these years. Unfortunately the West made him and Bin Laden.
For the sake of all those who were tortured and murdered and dumped in mass graves , he had to go.

When you live the experience , be it chemical weapons or executions for opposing a regime it is very different to be sitting here safe and talking about the Hague from where he possibly could have been smuggled away somewhere. If we ever were to experience the loss of any of our family members by chemical weapons or bullets in the backs of heads and not knowing where our loved ones were dumped.....would we say that he should be spared the death penalty? It's the sort of question that really gets you thinking about the world today and makes you look at what you believe and think, as it has done for me in the last 15 years.

I really oppose war and capital punishment but I really think that for the sake of those people who have suffered enough in the last 25 years with nothing,torture, executions, no medicines, no vaccines for their children, food, basic stuff that we have every day.........
ooohhh I could go on !
It's like being on Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park! :)

_________________
FabD9Hosting
Turn Internet Traffic Into A Steady Income
You Want To Save Money On Ebay Don't You?


Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:38 pm
Profile
member
member

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 1520
Location: "Somewhere above the centre of the Earth!" " that's a strange name,
Post 
Quote:
He never gave all those millions of men, women and innocent children and babies a chance when he put bullets in the backs of their heads.


I think you need a His Story lesson here! Where do you get you figures from?

I'm not going to list any names here, (The MYSQL db just could not talk the numbers) but there are, and have been 'Far worse Leader of people, who have killed Far more people than SH could have ever hoped to have achieved in his life time, Sorry, BUT BL, SH, are very small fry compared to the BIG Boys that have been and still are walking the face of our planet. Most of them have NO 710 (OIL) so their safe to do as they like.

You cannot accuse B-L or SH of GENACIDE, but there are a lot of leaders you can and their still walking.

GWB's dad said "go get em son, & the son did what dad told him to do.

Now watch the killing increase.

So Far to-day 77

:.:


Will Eradicating Poverty Eliminate Terrorism?

_________________
"In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all – security, comfort, and freedom. Whet the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again"


Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:26 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Oldham
Post 
Tinne wrote:
I am opposed on principle to Capital Punishment - 2 wrongs don't make a right, and no-one on this planet has the right to take life.

There will be reprisals in Iraq.

Why was he not tried in The Hague? Because the US supports the Death Penalty and wanted Saddam to be executed, and that is a sentence that cannot be handed down in The Hague.

Tinne now gets off her soapbox

Tinne.


i agree 100%

That is why i feel Bush is as bad if not worse for allowing and supporting Saddams execution.

Taking away his freedom was a much worse punishment.

Hanging is just barbaric, one up from being stoned to death!


Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:22 pm
Profile
member
member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 618
Location: South London
Post 
sadly yes, there are plenty more horrible leaders out there, of course there are.
Where do I get my figures from? Saddam gassed the Kurdish people in Northern Iraq, any that weren't gassed he had them rounded up, shot them in the back of the head and buried in mass graves. Men, women, children, no age distinction, nothing.

How do I know this? In October my husband went back to Iraq to finally take his brother's body out of the mass grave to be reburied again in the place where he was born. He was gassed and dumped. It has taken 15 years to find out where he was buried and with whom,3 thousand other men, women and children/babies, their bodies had to be identified, dna etc, the experts came over from the States and from here too, we have programmes of their reports on how these people were killed, their ages, what they were wearing etc. Saddam kept records of everything, names, ages, the lot. This was just 1 mass grave in 1 small area. Hundreds of mass graves are being dug up daily.

Pictures of their bodies, just skeletons now of course, but it's all here on tape. Like I said before, unless you have lived it and seen the suffering and experienced it how would the rest of us really know?

I agree with you, there are some b----ards out there still, there are awful things happening everywhere, things that we dont even know about. Im not saying he was the worst! Im just commenting on the present situation, his hanging, that really, for the Iraqi people it had to be the right decision.

I would never say I dont need a history lesson, as adults we are learning day by day, new things etc. things that change us, shape us and mould us into what we are today. Further things will happen that will change some of us again. Im always open to listening to views and communicating. I wouldnt be me if I kept my mouth shut.

On this topic I do know a bit because I saw so much when I went there, things that are too horrific you cant even begin to imagine.

Im not sure how you can say that Im wrong on all counts? Being against war and wanting peace for everyone isnt wrong is it?
Im a pacifist......I had a few sleepless nights when I heard about the imminent hanging, as I dont believe in it in principle. But if any of Saddam's national guard came and took my baby and daughter away and put a bullet in the back of their heads I would want to be the first to put the noose around his neck.

Personal experience is what has made me come to this conclusion. I really cant expect anyone to understand this viewpoint because you havent lived it. Thank goodness you havent.

_________________
FabD9Hosting
Turn Internet Traffic Into A Steady Income
You Want To Save Money On Ebay Don't You?


Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:23 pm
Profile
member
member

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 1520
Location: "Somewhere above the centre of the Earth!" " that's a strange name,
Post 
northstar wrote:
sadly yes, there are plenty more horrible leaders out there, of course there are.
Where do I get my figures from? Saddam gassed the Kurdish people in Northern Iraq, any that weren't gassed he had them rounded up, shot them in the back of the head and buried in mass graves. Men, women, children, no age distinction, nothing.

How do I know this? In October my husband went back to Iraq to finally take his brother's body out of the mass grave to be reburied again in the place where he was born. He was gassed and dumped. It has taken 15 years to find out where he was buried and with whom,3 thousand other men, women and children/babies, their bodies had to be identified, dna etc, the experts came over from the States and from here too, we have programmes of their reports on how these people were killed, their ages, what they were wearing etc. Saddam kept records of everything, names, ages, the lot. This was just 1 mass grave in 1 small area. Hundreds of mass graves are being dug up daily.

Pictures of their bodies, just skeletons now of course, but it's all here on tape. Like I said before, unless you have lived it and seen the suffering and experienced it how would the rest of us really know?

I agree with you, there are some b----ards out there still, there are awful things happening everywhere, things that we dont even know about. Im not saying he was the worst! Im just commenting on the present situation, his hanging, that really, for the Iraqi people it had to be the right decision.

I would never say I dont need a history lesson, as adults we are learning day by day, new things etc. things that change us, shape us and mould us into what we are today. Further things will happen that will change some of us again. Im always open to listening to views and communicating. I wouldnt be me if I kept my mouth shut.

On this topic I do know a bit because I saw so much when I went there, things that are too horrific you cant even begin to imagine.

Im not sure how you can say that Im wrong on all counts? Being against war and wanting peace for everyone isnt wrong is it?
Im a pacifist......I had a few sleepless nights when I heard about the imminent hanging, as I dont believe in it in principle. But if any of Saddam's national guard came and took my baby and daughter away and put a bullet in the back of their heads I would want to be the first to put the noose around his neck.

Personal experience is what has made me come to this conclusion. I really cant expect anyone to understand this viewpoint because you havent lived it. Thank goodness you havent.


Sorry Northstar, But you have not lived it, you have only seen an Aftermath, sure the guy did wrong, but not Millions. You have only heard 'His Story' (Your Family's) you have no story of your own to tell.
SH should not of hanged, because of his death a lot of people will have been let down and a (VERY LOT MORE WILL DIE!). just to satisfy a few. A certain guy was put to death because of a leader washing his hands. This is all Bush and his friends have done, it's a cop out. SH should have been given the remainder of his life under hard labour, in a country that has no Affiliate with that part of the world, North Russia.

Remember it was an Illegal invasion in the first place.

_________________
"In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all – security, comfort, and freedom. Whet the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again"


Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site admin
Site admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:05 pm
Posts: 4116
Location: Behind a V8 engine.
Post 
This post is to explain why we have decided that this thread should be locked.

This Board takes pride in the fact that we keep things light-hearted, with no significant arguments or heated discussions. The subject matter in this thread cuts across many boundaries, politically, emotionally, morally and indeed opinions.

Personally, I feel in the already dire situation in Iraq is only going to descend further with the outcome of today’s events. It is unquestionable that Saddam Hussein was evil personified, jilted and biased as the trial may have or have not been – there is more than enough documented evidence to prove guilt of heinous crimes against humanity. That’s not to say he was the first, only or last person that has acted in this way, but for many reasons, rightly or wrongly, he was brought to trial in the land, and by the people that he for so long persecuted.
I do not hide my opinion on favouring capital punishment, but it is exactly that – my opinion. That does not make it legal, right or proper in this, or any other country. Each land has their laws, and whether we agree with them or not, they have to be respected, along with the punishments they bring with them.
With the deep sectarian divisions in Iraq, and across the whole Middle East, there will be extremes of emotions felt and demonstrated, in an already volatile area. One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist…

The posts on this thread were becoming increasingly polarised, but based on different motives – one based on effectual emotion, and one on political opinion. Invariably the differing motives will lead the thread from discussion to argument, simply because each person has a different rationale behind their statements.

We wanted to prevent any motives causing unnecessary ill-will between involved members, or simply viewers feeling they may need to take sides. It is not to be classed as censorship, nor taking of sides. powersellersforum.com is not the ideal board for discussions of this nature.
I have been guilty myself of venting my political feelings on occasion, but I have to remember that this is board where we discuss eBay and keep things light-hearted generally. If anybody does wish to get involved in a much heavier debate, I can recommend a number of boards where things can become very heated, yet remain entertaining and mentally-stimulating.

But for now, let’s keep things on a ligher level. If anybody has any issue to raise on this please feel free to PM me, or any of the others.

_________________
For local ebay bargains visit - Local Bargain finder


Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Web Design Wigan Dog Kennels and Runs