It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Auteri wins NJ New Balance Grand Prix, runs marathon in less 
Just registered
Just registered

Post Auteri wins NJ New Balance Grand Prix, runs marathon in less
Let’s see. Win the New Jersey New Balance Grand Prix. Check. Break three hours for the marathon. Check.

Karen Auteri of Liberty Township with a mailing address of Belvidere has bragging rights to both accomplishments. And it all started with an invite from her father, Peter, of Pompton Lakes.

When Peter Auteri asked her in 2004 if she wanted to run the air max 2017 homme pas cher, the answer was quick and emphatic.

“Absolutely not! I never want to run a marathon. Ever in my life!”

Back then, fresh out of college and used to new balance 996 homme, with only one 10K under her belt, the marathon seemed like an impossible and distasteful distance.

The aversion didn’t last long. Auteri found herself running a half marathon that fall.

“It was so hard. I couldn’t imagine running it twice,” she said. But the following January she did join her father to run in the new balance homme pas cher and finished in 3:48.18. She ran it again the next year and the next year, and this year, in her 23rd marathon, she placed fourth overall at Disney on Jan. 7 and broke the three-hour barrier with her 2:59:15.

Although the Disney course is basically flat, Auteri relied on her training with Gary Leaman of Hardwick to power up each incline on the overpasses.

“On every tiny incline, I did power up them because I have been training,” said Auteri. “Gary taught me to run up the hills and then maintain a seven-minute pace. With Gary you run hard all the time.”

Winning the nike air max 2017 solde might have seemed destined in 2017. With Randolph’s Roberta Groner now affiliated with the New York Athletic Club and not eligible in New Jersey, the game was wide open, and especially for someone who loves to race. Getting to enough races would not be all that difficult for Auteri.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 am