It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 am

rookie, the first undrafted player to w 

Post rookie, the first undrafted player to w
The Ottawa Senators made some major moves on Thursday, announcing the signing of winger Bobby Ryan to a seven-year, $50.75 million contract extension and naming defenceman Erik Karlsson their new captain. Pay Breakdown Ryans contract is worth an annual average value of $7.25 million. The contract is broken down to $6.5M in the first year, $7M in the second, $7.25M in the third and $7.5M in each of the final four years. Follow coverage and reaction all day on TSN Radio 1200 Ottawa. Ryans deal includes a full no-movement clause and a partial no-trade clause, where he has to submit a list of 10 teams if requested. Ryan said the decision to make a long term commitment to the Senators was a no brainer as he and his fiancee believe Ottawa is a place where we could build a family, start a family, call home and everything that weve experienced here in the last year has hinted at none other than that. Were very, very happy that we were able to get it done, added Ryan. I promise you well give it everything we have night in and night out to uphold our end of the contract. Ryan scored 23 goals and added 25 assists in 70 games with the Senators last season, his first with the club. The 27-year-old was acquired from the Anaheim Ducks in July of 2013 in exchange for Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen and a 2014 first-round pick, which the Ducks used to select forward Nick Ritchie, 10th overall. Ryan has one year remaining on his current contract worth $5.1 million. Most Goals by US-Born Players -- 2008-09-Present Player Games Played Goals Phil Kessel 434 192 Bobby Ryan 425 165 Zach Parise 373 164 Joe Pavelski 433 158 Patrick Kane 433 157 Goals By RW -- 2008-09 to Present Player Games Played Goals Alex Ovechkin 434 259 Corey Perry 447 204 Phil Kessel 434 192 Jarome Iginla 450 186 Marian Hossa 389 165 Bobby Ryan 425 165 Ottawas 20G Men in 2013-14 Player Games Played Goals Kyle Turris 82 26 Clarke MacArthur 79 24 Bobby Ryan 70 23 Jason Spezza 75 23 Erik Karlsson 82 20 Karlsson replaces Jason Spezza, who was traded to the Dallas Stars this past summer after holding the captaincy for one year. Chris Phillips and Chris Neil remain alternate captains. The 24-year-old Karlsson thanked teammates past and present for helping him become the player he is today. Swedish Leaders Karlsson is the fourth active Swedish captain in the NHL, the second most of any nationality in the league. Only Canada has produced more active captains (15). Six captaincies remain open in the NHL. Im a little bit nervous actually as I dont know what to say, said Karlsson. Its a good feeling. Its an honour to be a captain of a Canadian team and its not something that I could have hoped for when I came here, but I embrace it and Im very much looking forward to the responsibilities to come. I am right now a very happy guy and I look forward to the upcoming season. Senators general manager Bryan Murray said the decision to make Karlsson captain made sense as they always knew they wanted him to take on a leadership role. We knew in the very near future he was going to be (captain) and we finally just decided that if hes going to be it why not be it now, Murray said. I think his growth off the ice, his attitude, the conversations weve had since last year and the fact hes back to full health and really wanting to be a focal point of this hockey team - all those reasons. The most important one obviously was we just felt he was the right guy because he had that personality to step up and take charge and be forceful, but considerate of his teammates. Karlsson, who was drafted 15th overall by the Senators in the 2008 NHL Draft, made his Senators debut in the 2009-10 season, scoring five goals and 26 points in 60 games as a rookie. He is coming off his first career 20-goal season, with 20 goals and 74 points with the Senators. In 315 NHL games with the Senators, Karlsson has scored 63 goals and 237 points. History of Senators captains Laurie Boschman -- 1992-93 Mark Lamb, Brad Shaw, Gord Dineen -- 1993-94 Randy Cunneyworth -- 1994-98 Alexei Yashin -- 1998-99 Daniel Alfredsson -- 1999-2013 Jason Spezza -- 2013-14 Erik Karlsson -- 2014-present Andy Levitre Jersey . How foolishly wrong I was. Forget the now inherent corruption and back handed favours that plague the beautiful game. Goal Line Technology? Youre having a laugh. As for them penalty cheating bandits, footballs lawmakers upend them by awarding the penalty to the opponent each time a player attempts to con the referee into awarding ghost penalties. Kemal Ishmael Jersey . They all do actually — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 22, 2014There is no confirmation that the date is actually happening, but that didnt stop Embiid from getting dressed up. Fresh cut..... Getting ready for dinner http://t.co/NNIfKyZQzx — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 23, 2014 Almost 930.. http://www.thefaclonsshoponline.com/And ... ns-Jersey/. -- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew practiced in a limited capacity Friday, a positive sign he might be able to play against the Tennessee Titans. Desmond Trufant Jersey . Unfortunately for Toronto, that surge was too much to handle as the Stars scored six straight goals and ended the Marlies season with a 6-2 victory on Tuesday. Toronto had built a 2-0 lead on goals by Frazer McLaren and Peter Holland, but Texas charged back with a wild rally late in the second period to spark its trip to the Calder Cup final. Atlanta Falcons Jerseys . The third baseman whipped the ball across the diamond to second baseman Aaron Hill. He quickly tossed it to shortstop Chris Owings, who flipped over his shoulder to left fielder Cody Ross.WINNIPEG -- Maurice Leggett may be a CFL rookie, but hes been around professional football since 2008. Thats long enough to have played in a lot of different schemes, and he says he likes the feel of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers new-look defence. "Its fun to me, its like Hey, look what I can do now," the member of Winnipegs secondary said after practice Tuesday. "Its a fun defence. The best way to play is having fun." The bible according to defensive co-ordinator Gary Etcheverry is know what your neighbour does and be prepared to do it yourself, whenever and wherever necessary. "I have to learn the entire defence just in case something happens, or I have to direct someone that doesnt know what to do as well as I know the defence," said Leggett, who could be returning to the lineup in Vancouver Friday, after being out with an ankle injury since July 3. Hes healthy again at the right time, with a question mark hanging over an injured Johnny Sears for Fridays tilt against the surging B.C. Lions. "He seems like a pretty smart football player," said head coach Mike OShea. "Hes smooth, smooth, smooth out there. Hes competitive. He can do a bunch of different things. We were pretty happy with Moe Leggett from the get-go so its not a stretch to see him in there." OShea says his versatility is exactly what the Bombers want. "These guys got to know the goal is, by some point during the season, they know everything about every position," OShea said. "Thats how they meet, thats how they talk." The other side to Etcheverrys defence is dictate the play with a healthy side of unpredictability. Its not quiite freelance, said Leggett.dddddddddddd "You have a structure to it but the structure is communication more than anything. . . Were not there yet completely but were on the verge of making a lot of progress." At five-foot-eleven and 186 pounds, Leggett came to the Bombers from the Arena Football League, after stints with Kansas City and Detroit in the NFL. Signed by the Chiefs in 2008, Leggett won the Mack Lee Hill Award as the teams top rookie, the first undrafted player to win the award. He started eight games for Kansas City but was injured in 2009 and 2010 and attended Lions training camp in 2011. Promising young players like Leggett made it easier for the Bombers to release high-profile singing Korey Banks earlier this month. Meanwhile, OShea says while Sears remains a maybe, defensive end Jason Vega definitely wont be playing the Lions. Winnipegs defence held but their offence stumbled against the Edmonton Eskimos last week. OShea says they need to improve communication on the offensive line but he is confident that will be addressed in Vancouver. "What do we need to fix? The mistakes," he said with a laugh. The Bombers are still deciding whether receiver Aaron Kelly will be back in the lineup Friday. Defensively, there were more than a few missed tackles last week as Edmonton quarterback Mike Reilly racked up close to 100 yards on the ground, but the Bombers held the Eskimos to just one offensive touchdown in the 26-3 loss. It was their first loss this season and they head to B.C. at 3-1, while the improved Lions (2-2), are coming off a 41-5 drubbing of the Montreal Alouettes last week, their second win in a row. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:42 am