It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:30 pm

wd 10 games last season with a leg injury, but he returne 

Post wd 10 games last season with a leg injury, but he returne
WINNIPEG -- The coach and general manager of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers say wins are the only thing that will show whether theyve assembled a better team this season. "I want to say our fans are going to see a team that theyre proud of, that regardless of the outcome on each particular game, that the fans are going to leave the stadium knowing that we gave it all," GM Kyle Walters said Friday on one of the conference calls CFL teams are having with the media as they prepare for the new season. But there were no bold predictions as to whether the Bombers are a better team yet than they were last season. "Its all words until we hit four wins," said Mike OShea, the former Toronto special teams co-ordinator preparing for his rookie season as a CFL head coach. Last season, the Bombers tied their worst record ever in the 18-game schedule as they finished in the CFL cellar at 3-15. "What does better mean?" asked Walters. "Thats the beauty I guess of our line of work that better is quantifiable with wins and losses." The teams on-field balance sheet shows additions and subtractions since that last troubled season ended. General manager Joe Mack got his pink slip well before the final game and coach Tim Burke was sacked after it was all over. Since then, the biggest loss was defensive star Henoc Muamba. The Canadian linebacker who was Winnipegs top defensive player, top Canadian player and top player overall in 2013 signed with the Indianapolis Colts of the NFL. And one possible import replacement, former Tennessee Titan Gerald McRath, didnt pan out. He went to the teams mini-camp in Florida and the defensive staff didnt see what they were looking for in the veteran. "Its not something were worried about," said OShea, pointing to players still on the roster who can fill the hole. The Bombers also lost Canadian special teams linebacker James Green and import receiver Wallace Miles to the Ottawa Redblacks in the CFL expansion draft. They lost receiver and 2012 CFL rookie of the year Chris Matthews to the Seattle Seahawks of the NFL but picked up free agent Nick Moore from the B.C. Lions, the third leading receiver in the CFL in 2013. They traded Canadian receiver Kito Poblah to the Lions for defensive back and four-time CFL all-star Korey Banks. The Bombers lost free agent offensive lineman Justin Sorensen, last seasons starter at centre, to the Edmonton Eskimos and are looking to use their second overall pick next week to select someone in the CFL draft they hope can be a starting centre. Overall though, Walters says this years draft offers a diminished pool because of rule changes regarding the NFL draft and red-shirted freshmen. "Youre going to see some real good players drafted next week," he said. "Theres just not the depth." The Bombers also struck out in every bid to land a bona fide starting CFL quarterback, although they insist theyre thrilled with former Saskatchewan backup Drew Willy, who has been guaranteed the job even before training camp starts. Both Walters and OShea were emphatic Friday that nothing will change that. "He demonstrated down in Florida to be very accurate," said OShea. "Hes not afraid to go down field . . . He took risks in practice. He didnt try to play it safe. . . He absorbed the playbook very quick. He showed some leadership, I dont forsee that changing from the start of training camp to the end." OShea said theyre not going into camp with a wait-and-see attitude. "What weve done in the off-season I believe is showing that were not waiting to see whats going to happen next, were taking a real active step in creating what we want to happen next," he said. Jimmie Ward Jersey . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture. Tarvarius Moore Jersey . Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-M ... ey-Jersey/. A question that was repeatedly posed last season, and the season before that and in the 2011 campaign before that. Mike McGlinchey 49ers Jersey . The win puts the final playoff berth in Group A in question. If the Czechs beat Slovakia on Tuesday, they will go through. If they lose, Germany will get the last quarter-final berth. Dante Pettis 49ers Jersey . -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency.GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Even though the Green Bay Packers got a bargain the last time they signed Jordy Nelson to a contract extension, the veteran wide receiver said Tuesday he still would prefer to sign another deal before the season rather than playing out the final year of his contract. Nelson, who caught 85 passes for 1,314 yards last season, both career bests, said he doesnt know if his agent, Vann McElroy, and the Packers have had any meaningful conversations about an extension. "Hes not going to just bug me with it," he said. "Hell let me know when it gets close." The last time Nelson, a second-round pick in 2008, was in a contract year was in 2011, when he signed a three-year, $13.989 million extension in October. That deal included $5 million in guaranteed money, including a $3.5 million signing bonus. That deal paid Nelson a base salary of $2.7 million last year, and calls for him to make a base salary of $3.05 million in 2014. In terms of annual average salary, Nelson currently ranks 34th on the wide receiver pay scale league-wide entering 2014. But he indicated Tuesday that hes anxious to get a new deal simply because he wants the peace of mind. "You want it done so you and your family are comfortable, you want it done so you dont have to worry about it," he said. "I think on both sides. They get it done they can start working on someone else.ddddddddddddquot; That someone else is fourth-year wide receiver Randall Cobb, a second-round pick in 2011 who is going into the final year of his rookie deal. Cobb missed 10 games last season with a leg injury, but he returned in time to catch the playoffs-clinching touchdown pass from Aaron Rodgers on a fourth-down play at Chicago in the regular-season finale last year. "Im not a businessman so I dont really know that side of it," Cobb said of his situation. "Thats what I have an agent for - for him to handle that kind of thing. Thats for the Packers to decide and figure out." It appears Nelson is the priority, and after Chicagos Brandon Marshall signed a four-year, $39.3 million extension ($22.3 million guaranteed) with the Bears last month, Nelsons market should be set. Marshall caught 100 passes for 1,295 yards and 12 TDs last season for the Bears. Marshall turned 30 in March; Nelson turned 29 last week. Asked if he feels additional pressure in a contract year, Nelson replied, "No. I dont think so, not at all. I didnt feel that last time, and I dont think Ill feel it this time. I think were a long ways from that anyway. Weve got a few months to hopefully work on that and get it taken care of. I think well be fine." Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:57 pm

Post Re: wd 10 games last season with a leg injury, but he return
surveillancekart security system
surveillancekart cctv installation services
surveillance cp-plus services
Pestveda pest control services
Pestveda termite control service
dezigly
Thefeedgasm Latest News And Breaking News
quicksodes
latest news in hindi
sports news