It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:10 am

r Bull Marco Belinelli scored 10 points and 

Post r Bull Marco Belinelli scored 10 points and
(SportsNetwork.com) - The Canucks are hoping to string together back-to-back victories when they hose the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night and a win tonight would give the club its first winning streak since consecutive triumphs on Jan. 18 and 21. Vancouver has won two of three on a four-game road trip after besting the Florida Panthers 4-3 yesterday in a shootout. Vancouver was facing Roberto Luongo for the first time since dealing him to the Panthers on March 4. Luongo made 29 saves, but also yielded the lone goal of the shootout to the Canucks Nicklas Jensen. Eddie Lack, whose production as a rookie this season led to Luongo being dealt, ended with 26 saves and stopped all three skaters in the shootout. Dan Hamhuis and Alexandre Burrows scored in regulation for the Canucks, who escaped with two points after giving up a game-tying goal with 1:35 left in regulation. "Especially the way the game was tied up there at the end, to get the win was huge for us," said Jensen. Vancouver won for just the third time in its last nine games (3-5-1) and improved to 3-12-1 in its past 16 on the road. The victory also pulled the Canucks to within three points of the Dallas Stars and Phoenix Coyotes for the second wild card spot in the Western Conference. The Canucks have lost four of their past six versus the Lightning, including a 4-2 defeat at home on Jan. 1. Alex Killorn and Valtteri Filppula both had a goal and an assist, while Bishop made 28 saves. Lack yielded four goals on 33 shots for the Canucks, who have won four of their past six in Tampa. Both Bishop and Lack faced their respective opponent for the first time in their career in that earlier meeting. Ben Bishop is one of the main reasons that the Lightning remain in the playoff picture despite an extended absence by Steven Stamkos due to injury. Fresh off of setting a club record for wins in a season, Bishop will look to lead the Lightning past the Canucks in the finale of a six-game homestand. Though Stamkos missed 45 games from mid-November to early March with a broken right leg, the Lightning were able to keep pace in the Eastern Conference and Atlantic Division. With 79 points, Tampa Bay is occupying the first wild card spot and also is just one point behind the Toronto Maple Leafs for third place in the division. Bishop has been a big part of that success as he is among the league leaders with 31 wins, five shutouts, a 2.10 goals against average and .929 save percentage. The 27-year-old, in his first season as a full-time starter, had struggled to string victories together recently, but won a second outing in a row for the first time since late January with a 3-0 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Saturday. Bishop made 23 saves in his eighth career shutout and surpassed Nikolai Khabibulins 2002-03 franchise record of 30 wins in a season. "Its a nice accomplishment," Bishop said, "A a whole lot of credit goes to the guys in front of me. I dont get that without them. Its a team thing. I dont like at it as an individual thing." Defenceman Michael Kostka scored in a second straight game and also had an assist, giving him five points in seven games since joining the Lightning off waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks. "I just try to play solid defensively when Im on the ice," said Kostka. "But its nice to be able to chip in with a goal when I have the chance." B.J. Crombeen and Nate Thompson also scored in the victory, Tampa Bays second straight following an 0-3-2 drought. Rashaan Melvin Jersey . The two-time Olympic halfpipe gold medallist informed ESPN on Monday he plans to compete in Apsen, Colo. Darryl Morris Jersey .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude. http://www.footballcoltsteamprostore.co ... -Jersey/.C. -- Only two Syracuse teams have won their first 20 games, and C. Barkevious Mingo Jersey . Villar connected off Joe Saunders (11-14), sending a drive well over the left-field fence for his first career homer. The Astros scored six times in the first three innings to chase Saunders. Matthias Farley Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. CHICAGO -- It didnt take long for the San Antonio Spurs to show the Chicago Bulls why theyre leading the NBA. Manu Ginobili scored 22 points and Tony Parker had 20 points and nine assists, and the Spurs beat the Bulls 104-96 Tuesday night for their seventh straight win and 10th in their last 11. San Antonio jumped out to a big advantage early, taking a 38-14 lead after one quarter and going up 61-33 into halftime. That helped them improve to 24-6 on the road, the NBAs best mark away from home. Kawhi Leonard added 16 and nine rebounds for the Spurs (47-16), who maintained their hold on the NBAs best record. With the win they stayed a half-game ahead of Oklahoma City and Indiana, who both won. "Wonderful game, we were very sharp," Ginobili said. "We made a lot of shots in the beginning, which gave us a lead that ... its easier to play like that." Parker had 18 at halftime and went 8 for 15 from the field for a team that made 51 per cent overall against one of the NBAs best defensive clubs. Ginobili was 9 of 11. Also the leagues top 3-point shooting team at 39.2 per cent, San Antonio made 12 of 21 from behind the arc, including four from Ginobili. That and the big first half added up to another win for the Spurs, who are 14-3 since a 96-86 loss to Chicago on Jan. 29 and can improve on that Wednesday at home against Portland. The Spurs roster is finally healthy, something coach Gregg Popovich noted. "We seem like were playing pretty consistently now," Popovich said. "I dont think were going to win every game down the stretch." The Bulls, meanwhile, were coming off a dramatic 95-88 win Sunday over the Heat but couldnt build off that victory, falling to 1-2 on a season-high six-game homestand that also has games with the Rockets, Kings and Thunder. Coach Tom Thibodeau blamed himself for the slow start. "I told them, thats completely on me. My job is to have them ready. We had no edge to us," Thibodeau said. "Thats a championship-calibre team thats playing on all cylinders and theyre going after it, so if you dont match that intensity to start, you arre going to get in a big hole.dddddddddddd "So I didnt prepare them the way they needed to be prepared for that, so thats on me." D.J. Augustin led the Bulls with 24 points and Jimmy Butler had 23. Joakim Noah, whose name has started to be mentioned in MVP discussions, had 13 and eight rebounds. That all was a far cry from Sunday, when the Bulls held Miami to 40.5 per cent shooting and overcame a 42.2 per cent shooting game of their own. That didnt happen Tuesday for the Bulls, who were 43 per cent from the field. "Its on us," Butler said. "Were the ones out there playing, so we have to bring it each and every night. Thibs can only do so much. You learn from it." The Bulls saw early how costly a slow start can be, only pulling to within eight late in the fourth quarter. Ginobilis reverse layup with a second left in the period gave San Antonio a 38-14 lead after the first. The Spurs ended the half leading by 28 and hitting 61 per cent from the field, looking like a team peaking. Ginobili, however, hopes they arent doing that too early. "Its not the right time yet. Still 20 games to go," Ginobili said. NOTES: Spurs guard and former Bull Marco Belinelli scored 10 points and got a warm reception when he checked in for the first time with 10.1 seconds left in the first quarter. ... Spurs coach Gregg Popovich noted Belinellis contributions and jokingly said hes "a great source for Italian restaurants around the league." ... Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau is not surprised fatigue hasnt hit his team yet, despite its lack of depth. "Whatever it is that youre facing, youve got to be ready to accept that challenge and be ready to play," he said. ... Because of the injuries the Spurs have suffered this season, Popovich was asked if this season has been his best coaching job. "Havent they all been brilliant?" he said. "I got no clue. My 2-22 season in Pomona was my best." ... Popovich said Noahs personality is "the opposite" of Duncan in terms of showing emotion, but praised the Bulls centres emotional fire. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:18 am