It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:50 am

Message from ebay Member 

Post Message from ebay Member
I have just got the following, regarding an auction I am running, my first thought was stinks of a scam so was going to stay clear. However they are accepting Special Delivery which I insist on with items of this value. The thing is I have a BIN in my shop of a very similar spec, so not really sure what the guy us asking here, as I bet he spent more time searching that it takes to do a BIN ? Message via ebay messages as well.

Hi Mate,i need a laptop for my son who's going to college, i dont have time to be monitoring auctions also the process of buy it now due to my busy schedule but i will only send payment via paypal, also i'll pay the total amount including shipping cost to the address below via Royal Mail Special Delivery to

John Smith
XX Edward Road
Birmingham
West Midlands
B99 9XX
United Kingdom.

I have verified paypal account with 100% ebay feedbacks just because i need it as a matter of urgency,so send me a paypal invoice to: BRIANXXXXX(email address in here) in order for me to proceed with the payment.
Thanks and Regards...

About Me

Tue May 08, 2007 9:32 am

Hi looks to me that he is asking for an off ebay deal. Shouldn't be a problem as long as his address is confirmed with paypal
Regards Bag

Tue May 08, 2007 2:01 pm
Site admin
Site admin

I'd be very doubtful of an approach like this, it just doesn't feel right - why would they go to the bother of finding your listing, typing the message etc, when they do not have time to arrange a BIN?

The address may well be confirmed, but that does not protect you if the paypal payment is made by a credit card - it could be stolen, or it could simply be a ruse to get a laptop then claim a chargeback on some technicality.

If you want to enter into conversation with him, then that is fine - off-ebay deals take place all the time, but remember that paypal is not a safe way to sell a high vlaue item off-eBay. You are open to far too many risks.

If you do go ahead with it, insist on a bank transfer, or cash deposit into your bank account - both are free and the latter is pretty much instant. If they are genuine, and do want your laptop, then they should have no objection to this.

Tue May 08, 2007 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

It does sound dubious, I would go with the bank transfer or cash deposit personnally.

It must have taken longer to type that e0bay message than complete a BIN!! :roll:

Tue May 08, 2007 6:33 pm

I've done a few off ebay sales myself, however not like this and not when a BIN was possible. Going with my first instinct and ignoring it, not even going to discuss it as too many things don't add up to me. Despite the option to BIN he doesn't have the time for that. Going to College ? Not 100% but not many academic courses would be starting now, more like AUG / SEPT so don't think the urgency adds up.

Cheers for the advice regarding bank transfers / cash deposits.

About Me

Tue May 08, 2007 6:42 pm

It feels wrong.

http://www.fruitmachinerefillkeys.com

Wed May 09, 2007 12:54 pm
Profile WWW

whay not buy throught ebay.. its just as quick, costs him the same,,...

and he would then be covered as well as you ??..

not quite right to me.

Wed May 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Yeah, its not as if its not going to sell anyway, and it was put up at a low price to get people to view and hopefully get them into my shop. Plenty of watchers as well.

About Me

Wed May 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Post Re: Message from ebay Member
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru

Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 pm