It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 am

nozolol, a synthetic anabolic stero 

Post nozolol, a synthetic anabolic stero
TORONTO -- When basketballs best young players were in Brooklyn, N.Y., waiting to hear their name called in the NBA draft Thursday night, Bruno Caboclo was in a taxi. Caboclo had been training just outside Houston, and he and his personal advisor Eduardo Resende had hopped in a cab when somebody from Brazil tweeted "Oh my god, Bruno at 20." "The taxi driver didnt understand what was going on, we were screaming back there. It was crazy," said Resende. "He was jumping out of the roof (figuratively), he was very excited. Its a dream come true for a young Brazilian player that only can see (the NBA) on TV, and then all of a sudden hes part of it." The 18-year-old Caboclo was a virtual unknown when he became the Raptors surprise 20th pick in Thursday nights draft -- a selection that general manager Masai Ujiri admitted was an "outright gamble." Ujiri had another player in mind for the 20th pick, and had planned to take the Brazilian at No. 37, but when he lost out on the first player, he wasnt taking any chances on Caboclo. The young Brazilian arrived in Toronto on Friday night -- and upon finding out he had the practice gym at the Air Canada Centre at his disposal, headed there at 11 p.m. to shoot. The Raptors staff put him through his first official workout Saturday morning. He then met with a curious Toronto media contingent that numbered in double digits, an immediate measure of how much his life has changed in two days. "His Twitter two days ago had 19 followers (hes now at over 5,000)," said Resende, who also acting as Caboclos translator in Toronto -- the youngster speaks only a few words of English. "You become like a public person. The biggest change for him is this (press) conference here. I dont think he would ever imagine he would be here one day." Caboclo grew up Pirapora do Bom Jesus, a tiny town outside of Sao Paolo. He comes from a "difficult family, financially," according to Resende. "Even at his age he support his family." Ujiri wouldnt reveal much about Caboclos upbringing except "He grew up tough. I dont want to say too much about his family, and some of the things we know. He grew up in a not-so-great environment. Basketball was his love." He has two sisters, aged 22 and 26, who play volleyball. He played soccer as a child, but said he was only "so-so" at it, and switched to basketball at age 13, when he was already five foot 10. Within a year, he could dunk the ball. The Raptors had tracked Caboclo since he was named most valuable player of the Basketball Without Borders tournament last summer, first sending a team of scouts to watch the six-foot-nine player with the eye-popping seven-foot-six wingspan. "We felt like he was somebody we needed to follow. Our scouts did a phenomenal job of going and seeing him and gathering information," Ujiri said after presenting Caboclo with his jersey. The Raptors GM took some heat after Thursdays selection, from fans and the media, but shrugged it off Saturday morning. "Honestly I dont do it for reactions of anybody. I dont care. Were in a business where I cant react to anything, I just have to do my job, and you hope the best comes out of it," Ujiri said. "Is it a gamble? Yes. But do we remember who the 20th picks of the last 10 drafts are?" Ujiri sat courtside at the ACC as Caboclo practised. Resende helped translate the instructions. He dunked the ball with ease, shot well from long range, and was fluid as he moved around the court despite his long limbs. "We thought from the little information we have, hes young, hes long, hes tall, hes skinny, he likes to play basketball, hes got a little bit of skill, he can shoot a little bit, maybe theres something we can mould there," Ujiri said. Ujiri expects Caboclo to be a solid defender because of his length. "He moves his feet pretty good, hes got a touch, he likes to shoot it, so if he can be a two-way player where he can shoot the ball a little bit and he can defend. . . We picked him because we feel theres some good upside there, it will take time, and were ready to be patient for him," Ujiri said. "Hes a great kid, but loves basketball, he wants to be in the gym every second, which is what you want in an 18-year-old." Caboclo said he tries to model his game after his idol and Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. He feels they have the same body type. Caboclos strength is among the things hell need to work on during what should be a tough rookie season, between being so far from home, having to learn English, and adapting to the NBA. The Raptors will immediately implement a couple of measures to help him adjust -- a weight training program and his own English teacher, Ujiri said. Hell also fly to Los Angeles on Sunday to work with new teammates DeMar DeRozan, Terrence Ross, Amir Johnson, and fellow rookie DeAndre Daniels, taken 37th overall Thursday night. Caboclo will play with the Raptors in the summer league, plus Ujiri expects him to spend some time next season down in the D-League. Resende said the young player knows the road ahead wont be all smooth sailing. "Last night he came to my room and he said Its a great responsibility," Resende said. Because getting there is one thing, now the real work is going to begin now." Brian Sutter Jersey . Cammalleri suffered a concussion in the Flames 2-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday. The 31-year-old forward did not travel with the team to Carolina. Tony Twist Jersey . The 28-year-old lefty made his MLB debut in 2013, making 10 starts and going 2-5 with 4.05 ERA and 1.18 WHIP. Albers was named the Twins organizations minor league pitcher of the year for 2013. http://www.officialbluesnhlshop.com/rob ... ri-jersey/. They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66. Wayne Gretzky Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. Brayden Schenn Jersey . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. TORONTO -- Never in his 20 years as a general manager has Jim Popp seen a CFL draft like it. Five first-round trades were made Tuesday night as well as another involving an early second-round selection. The fireworks began 30 minutes before the start of the draft when the expansion Ottawa Redblacks dealt the first overall pick to the Calgary Stampeders, who kicked off the frenzied first round by taking Laval centre Pierre Lavertu, the consensus top selection. Popp even got in on the action, swapping the Montreal Alouettes fourth overall pick with Ottawa after it obtained the No. 5 selection from the B.C. Lions for disgruntled veteran quarterback Kevin Glenn. "It was crazy," Popp said. "We even got slowed down by the time it was our pick flipping with Ottawa because they (CFL) couldnt even confirm the deal that was done with B.C. in order for us to do the flip. "Its the most Ive ever been called during a first round or even during a draft to try and trade. It was wild." Toronto Argonauts GM Jim Barker, another CFL draft veteran, was stunned by the flurry of activity. "Ive never seen anything like it," he said. "Everyone was trying to manoeuvre because there werent as many top players." However, Popp said the overall depth of the draft pool prompted the feeding frenzy as teams scrambled to land the players they coveted. "There may not be as many clear-cut guys as someone thinks can start now but theres a lot of guys who can help teams," Popp said. "I told our guys beforehand this was going to be a bit of a crazy draft. "And Im not talking about the trades but just the different directions people were going to go because there wasnt a lot of real clear-cut guys that were going to go in the first round and you didnt know what everybody was going to do." In Lavertu, Calgary secured a player regarded as the most pro-ready prospect. That cost the Stampeders offensive lineman Jon Gott, a five-year CFL veteran who played previously for Redblacks offensive co-ordinator Mike Gibson in Alberta. Calgary also landed the rights to veteran centre Marwan Hage. He played 10 seasons with Hamilton before going to Ottawa in the CFL expansion draft, then retiring last month. The Redblacks will get a conditional pick if the Stampeders trade Hages rights. Calgarys selection of the six-foot-three, 300-pound Lavertu was surprising because starting centre Brett Jones was the CFLs top rookie last year after being a 2013 second-round pick. That could force Lavertu, of Quebec City, to play guard. "If they want to put me at right guard I am going to do it," he said. "Im going to go all out, do the best I can and play to my full potential and maybe have a starting spot." Lavertu, a three-time All-Canadian, watched the draft at a restaurant in Quebec City with family and friends and received a loud ovation when his name was called. "My mom cried but everybody was happy for me," he said. "It was a great moment. "I think Im pro ready for the CFL. Ive worked hard for this, Im physically ready and understand the game so I can learn the playbook really quick . . . I think I will be able to show my full potential." The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, as expected, selected Simon Fraser centre Matthias Goossen second overall. Like Lavertu, Goossen is regardeed as a pro-ready prospect and addresses a need with veteran Justin Sorensen signing this off-season with Edmonton as a free agent.dddddddddddd Toronto acquired the No. 3 spot from the Edmonton Eskimos, using it on versatile Manitoba running back Anthony Coombs. Not only is Coombs an effective runner but a solid receiver who could also be returning kicks. "It was important for us to make this trade and move up in the draft to get the guy we wanted," Barker said. "We needed to be proactive and go after him. "We believe hell fit very well into what we do on the field." Ottawa dealt its way back into the first round at No. 4, making versatile Montreal Carabins defensive back Antoine Pruneau its first-ever draft pick. Lions GM Wally Buono dealt for Glenn after trying unsuccessfully to move up. With incumbent Travis Lulay coming off shoulder surgery and backup Thomas DeMarco now with Ottawa, the 34-year-old Glenn is a reliable insurance policy. "Hes a proven winner wherever hes been," Buono said of Glenn. "Hes been a tremendous quarterback, hes a great locker-room guy. "We know automatically he will come in here and compete very well and make this a very good football team." Glenn guided Calgary to a Grey Cup berth in 2012 and a CFL-best 14-4 record last year before going to Ottawa in the expansion draft. But the Detroit native asked to be traded after the Redblacks signed veteran Henry Burris as a free agent. "To be honest I didnt know if anything would actually happen," Glenn said. "To give up a first-round draft pick shows a team really wants you. "Thats what I was kind of excited about." Montreal followed at No. 5 and selected David Foucault of the Montreal Carabins, a towering six-foot-seven, 320-pound offensive tackle. Foucault is attending the Carolina Panthers rookie mini-camp this week but hasnt signed an NFL deal. If Foucault reports, hell have a chance to start in Montreal with the off-season retirements of Scott Flory and Andrew Woodruff and Michael Ola signing with the NFLs Miami Dolphins. Edmonton, taking Torontos pick at No. 6, picked St. Francis Xavier receiver Devon Bailey, a physical six-foot-five, 202-pound player who competes effectively for the football. Calgary, with its second first-round pick, took Concordia defensive lineman Quinn Smith at No. 7. The six-foot-two, 305-pound Smith impressed at the CFL combine on both sides of the ball before testing positive for Stanozolol, a synthetic anabolic steroid. Fittingly, the round ended with a deal as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats acquired Saskatchewans No. 8 selection to go with their ninth overall pick. The Ticats took All-Canadian linebacker Bo Landry of the Western Mustangs, then selected Manitoba defensive lineman Evan Gill, the drafts sixth-ranked prospect. The defending Grey Cup champions made their first selection in the second round, 11th overall, taking Western defensive end Dylan Ainsworth. The Riders also sent the No. 17 pick to Winnipeg for its third-round picks (20th and 26th overall). McGill offensive tackle Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, the top-ranked draft prospect, was selected in the third round by Calgary. That wasnt surprising because the six-foot-five, 315-pound native of Mont-St-Hilaire, Que., went to Kansas City in the sixth round of the NFL draft Saturday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 am