It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 am

he game, a solo shot o 

Post he game, a solo shot o
KONIGSSEE, Germany -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries edged Elana Meyers of the United States by the slimmest of margins Sunday for the overall womens World Cup bobsled title. The Calgary native finished with 1,629 points, one more than Meyers. If Humphries -- the Olympic champion and now a two-time overall World Cup winner -- was 0.03 seconds slower Sunday, Meyers would have won the title. Humphries and Heather Moyse of Summerside, P.E.I., finished with three World Cup victories, one silver and one bronze medal. One of the most explosive teams out of the start, the pair set a new womens start record in Konigssee at 5.17 in both runs. "Kaillie crushed everyone in that first run and I thought she was going to cruise to a win today," said head coach Tom De La Hunty. "But she made a mistake on that second run and when you make a mistake in a snowy race it pays you back double." Fabienne Meyer and Tanja Mayer of Switzerland won the last race of the season in a two-run time of one minute 44.01 seconds. Meyers and Aja Evans had a stellar second run to climb six spots and finish second, just ahead of Humphries and Moyse. Jennifer Ciochetti of Edmonton, and Chelsea Valois of Zenon Park, Sask., were 12th at 1:45.31. Canada also won bronze in the four-man race. Lyndon Rush of Humboldt, Sask., Lascelles Brown of Calgary and Edmontons David Bissett and Neville Wright finished two runs in 1:38.84. The defending Olympic four-man champion Steven Holcomb and his team won their fourth race of the year in 1:38.54, edging the Swiss sled driven by Beat Hefti by a mere 0.09 seconds. Holcomb medalled five times in eight four-man races this season, finishing second to Germanys Maximilian Arndt for the yearlong points title. Holcomb was the two-man season champion. Feeeding off his first World Cup two-man victory, Justin Kripps and his crew finished 11th in the four-man. Kripps of Summerland, B.C., James McNaughton of Newmarket, Ont., Tim Randall of Burlington, Ont., and Edmontons Bryan Barnett stopped the clock at 1:39.25. Calgarys Chris Spring finished fifth in the overall World Cup four-man standings with a 12th place finish on Sunday. Spring and his crew of Jesse Lumsden of Burlington, Ottawas Cody Sorensen and Saskatoons Ben Coakwell posted a time of 1:39.31. John Johnson Jersey .C. -- Carter Ashton had a pair of goals and added an assist as the Toronto Marlies downed the Charlotte Checkers 5-2 on Saturday in the American Hockey League. Samson Ebukam Jersey . He was with the New York Jets in 2011 when the NFL locked out their players after they failed to agree on a new contract. Willy went undrafted but was given a look by four NFL teams before heading north. http://www.cheapramsjerseyssale.com/?ta ... ersey-sale. -- The Sacramento Kings have claimed forward Travis Outlaw off waivers under the NBAs new amnesty provision, filling out the frontcourt with another veteran. Marqui Christian Jersey . The Brewers finalized a US$36 million, three-year contract with free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez on Wednesday, adding a much-needed bat to their lineup. Trevon Young Jersey . Grimes signed a $32 million, four-year contract to remain with Miami. The deal, which includes $16 million guaranteed, rewards Grimes for his recovery from an Achilles tendon injury that forced him to miss almost all of the 2012 season.Nothing beats pitching, defense and home runs. Just ask the Winnipeg Goldeyes. Saturday night, starter Nick Hernandez retired the first 15 batters he faced, while Josh Mazzola and Ray Sadler homered, as the Goldeyes held on to beat the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks 5-4 at Shaw Park. It didnt look like a thriller through the first five innings as Hernandez had complete control of the RedHawks, but Fargo never quits and the Goldeyes had to dig deep to record their third straight win. "My fastball was down in the zone and I only threw one change up through the first five innings," said Hernandez, who had a perfect game going into the sixth. "It was my defense that made the difference. I pitched to contact – there werent many strikeouts tonight – and I got great support behind me. Ray (Sadler) made a great catch at the wall and Donnie Webb made a good catch in right and that was the reason why I was able to do what I did tonight." With the win, the Goldeyes improved to 26-14 on the season and pulled four games ahead of Fargo in the race for first in the American Associations North Division. It was Winnipegs third straight win and the teams second straight victory over Fargo to open this four-game series at Shaw Park. With a big wind blowing out over the left-field wall, the Goldeyes, pounded out 14 hits, but left 12 men on base. Winnipeg scored early in the ballgame and built a 4-0 lead and then had to hold on as the wind took routine fly balls and carried them over the wall.dddddddddddd This Fish scored a run in the second when Josh Mazzola singled and came around to score on a sacrifice fly off the bat of Reggie Abercrombie. Winnipeg added three in the third when Ryan Pineda doubled and came home on a single by Tyler Kuhn. Kuhn was the first across the plate when the next batter, Mazzola, stepped up and hit a two-run line shot over the left-field wall. After Fargo scored a run in the sixth, and then made it 4-3 on a two-run opposite-field homer by Nic Jackson in the seventh, the Goldeyes Ray Sadler led off the bottom of the seventh with a solo shot. That turned out to be winning run because Jackson hit his second opposite-field homer of the game, a solo shot off reliever Chris Kissock, in the ninth. Mazzola had four hits for Winnipeg while Kuhn had three and Pineda, Sadler and Haerther had two each. Hernandez (4-0, 3.56 ERA) picked up the win for Winnipeg, while Stanton (1-5, 4.14 ERA) took the loss. Chris Kissock got his team-leading eighth save of the year for Winnipeg. The Goldeyes and RedHawks will play Game 3 of this four-game series on Sunday afternoon at 1:30 at Shaw Park. Matt Jackson (5-2, 2.96 ERA) will get the start for Winnipeg, while Jake Laber (6-1, 3.40 ERA) will take to the mound for Fargo. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:10 am