It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:34 pm

ses that probably s 

Post ses that probably s
President Donald Trump has tweeted his disapproval of the NFL on Sunday morning before the first full slate of games.

The president has criticized players for their demonstrations protesting social injustice during the national anthem Youth Martinas Rankin Jersey , and the league for not requiring players to be on the sideline at attention when "The Star-Spangled Banner" is played.

He made reference to lower ratings on NBC in Thursday night's season opener in which Super Bowl champion Philadelphia beat Atlanta 18-12.

"Wow, NFL first game ratings are way down over an already really bad last year comparison," Trump tweeted. "Viewership declined 13%, the lowest in over a decade. If the players stood proudly for our Flag and Anthem, and it is all shown on broadcast, maybe ratings could come back? Otherwise worse!"

The NFL unilaterally passed a policy requiring players to stand at attention for the anthem or to stay in the locker room or in the tunnel under the stands. When that policy met with heavy criticism, it was put on hold while the league and players' association discussed other options. Those discussions are continuing.

Bills running back LeSean McCoy is loving what he’s seeing of rookie quarterback Josh Allen.

McCoy said at Buffalo’s minicamp that he’s been blown away by Allen’s skill and savvy as a young player.

“I’ve got to be honest, he’s pretty good — and I’m not a big fan of rookies Jaquiski Tartt Jersey ,” McCoy said. “A lot of guys as rookies, they’re not like him. . . . He’s good. He’s smart. He has to learn, of course, he throws some passes that probably shouldn’t have been thrown, but other than that, he has a strong arm, he’s very intelligent — he’s too smart, I tell him sometimes. We have conversations and I say Adidas Johnny Gaudreau Jersey , ‘Easy. This is not like an exam. Just talk to me. You can say yo. You can say wassup.’ But as a talent level, he’s going to be really good for a lot of years, when he takes over eventually. We took him early in the draft so that’s just common sense, but he’s special. That’s for sure.”

How soon Allen will be on the field handing off and passing to McCoy in regular-season games remains to be seen. Allen will have an adjustment period in the NFL, and he may not beat out AJ McCarron for the starting job. But if McCoy is right, the Bills finally have their franchise quarterback.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:02 am