It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:28 pm

I would welcome any 

Post I would welcome any
If you’re looking to ditch your chest strap heart rate monitor and already have a device that syncs with ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart sensors, the Scosche Rhythm+ would be my recommendation over the Mio Link. Both are great little devices, but the flexibility offered by the strap options for the Rhythm+ make it a better choice in my experience. It can be worn on the wrist like the Mio, but also on the forearm or around the bicep (unless you are Arnold). I’ve been very impressed with mine – no plans to return to a chest strap ever again if I don’t have to.
The Scosche Rhythm+ is available for purchase at Amazon.com and Clever Training (Runblogger readers get 10% off select products at Clever Training with code RunBlogXJT). Purchases made via these links provide a small commission to Nike Roshe Run Femme Runblogger and help to support the production of reviews like this one – thanks!My bigger problem is frequent erroneous readings at the start of my runs. I often get readings of 170-180 during the first 1/2 mile of a run (when my HR is more like 115-120). Then it “settles down” and readings are reliabale and accurate. This problem has been noted by other blog reviewers (Fellrnr in particular was very critical of the Scosche). It seems better when I strap it to my biceop area instead of wrist or forearm (still not perfect).
I find the strap so comfortable, I’m putting up with the inaccurate first 1/2 mile readings for now. For longer runs (5+ hours), I’ll use the chest HR monitor. Adidas ZX 700 Womens If the Scosche could have a longer battery life, and accurate readings from start to finish, it would be an AWESOME tool!as you know I love your site and your www.dannywinstanley.co.uk unbiased reviews. I am constantly seeking out new information on shoe types as they relate to injury prevention or even treatment(?). I have chronic plantar fasciitus in one foot. Normally, it really doesn’t affect my running (I couldn’t be slower), but occasionally something happens on a run and it becomes acute and I am done running for a couple of weeks… like now. I read this article and another one you either recommended or even wrote about that was about the lack of real injury prevention based on neutral vs stability or motion control and support shoes and a study that was done. This article and the flow chart was a little confusing to me. What I cannot find is any Nike Air Max 90 Mens real help or data as it relates to insoles. I typically replace the stock insoles in my shoes with either Sole DK Response or Aline insoles as at least the sales Adidas ZX 850 Womens theory is that IF you use say Aline you can put them in a neutral shoe and get the effect of a motion control shoe. Can you recommend any white papers, reports, articles etc… on how or IF replaceable and expensive insoles actually help and how they relate to the various shoe types. I would welcome any recommendations or comments. I am 52 and have been running about 5 years. 6′-0″ and 180 lbs and run about a 9:30 up to 10K and my first 1/2 marathon I was just over 10:00/mile. I have run in Mizuno Wave Inspire, Saucony Ride 7 based on your review, Mizuno Enigma 3 (on sale) and my favorite, Skechers Ultra as I like the soft ride. Can the shoes really make that big of a difference? Nike Air Vapormax Femme Or, is the insole more important or at all?

Thu May 17, 2018 1:25 am