It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 am

d Cup medal Sunday, placing second in the me 

Post d Cup medal Sunday, placing second in the me
INZELL, Germany -- Canadian Olympic star Denny Morrison won his 38th individual World Cup medal Sunday, placing second in the mens 1,500 metres. The 28-year-old Fort St. John, B.C., skater recorded a time of one minute 45.28 seconds. Brian Hansen of the United States won in 1:44.58. Koen Verweij of the Netherlands was third in 1:45.68. Morrison, who won the bronze in the 1,500 and silver in the 1,000 at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, now has seven gold, 18 silver and 13 bronze in World Cup competition. Nine of those silver have come in the 1500, in which his lone victory was in Erfurt, Germany in 2009. Morrison said he entered the race "with a season low for confidence and motivation" but was able to change his state of mind in time for the race. "I got my head in the right place and decided that I was going to stick to my insane race strategy of going out fast and making myself ill with lactic acid with 600 metres to go," he said. "Its a scary thing to commit to, but it hurts a lot less in the end when it pays off with a very satisfying time." Gilmore Junio, who won a silver in the mens 500 on Saturday, placed sixth in the second 500 on Sunday. Medallists receive cowbells instead of medals in Inzell. Junio missed out on the podium Sunday by nine-hundredths of a second with a time of 35.05. Jan Smeekens of the Netherlands was first, with Germanys Nico Ihle second and Dutch skater Michel Mulder third. Brandon Crawford Jersey . The 23-year-old Poland international is back as first choice at Arsenal after losing his regular spot in the team on occasions over the last three seasons. Matt Cain Jersey . -- Patrick Kueng of Switzerland was nearly flawless as he captured his first World Cup and halted Aksel Lund Svindals streak of four straight super-G victories on Saturday. http://www.baseballsfgiantsshop.com/aut ... -jersey/.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres reassigned forward Sam Reinhart to the WHLs Kootenay Ice on Friday. Norichika Aoki Jersey . -- LeGarrette Blount made one last big splash into a soggy end zone. Matt Duffy Jersey . "Last year we were in a ton of situations, late-game situations we couldnt pull out. Wed kind of fold under the pressure, get frustrated or let a big shot frustrate us," guard DeMar DeRozan said.The Tampa Bay Rays appear to be sticking with what workd at first base. According to MLB.com the Rays have agreed to a three-year, $21 million deal to bring back first baseman James Loney. Loney, 29, played in 158 games with the Rays in 2013, posting a .dddddddddddd299 average, 13 home runs and 75 runs batted-in. The Rays signed Loney last off-season to a one-year, $2 million deal that took him away from their AL East Division rivals, the Boston Red Sox. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 am