It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm

mediate right turn at the corner of t 

Post mediate right turn at the corner of t
HOYLAKE, England -- U.S. captain Tom Watson had been looking forward to seeing Tiger Woods at the British Open to "tell him my feelings about him direct" about the Ryder Cup. On second thought, theres not much to say. "Not a whole lot, probably," Watson said Monday. "Again, its performance. I could ask Tiger, How are you feeling? How are you feeling like youre hitting the ball? Are you hitting it well? And that doesnt mean anything, really. The performance means something. Ill be watching Tiger and I want him on the team -- I do. Hes a tough competitor and hes great in the team room. Wouldnt you want him on your team?" Woods has three tournaments to give Watson an indication of his game. The 14-time major champion was out for three months because of back surgery, and he wasnt playing well in the months leading to the March 31 operation as his back pain became more evident. Woods is No. 72 in the Ryder Cup standings with only five weeks remaining to earn one of nine spots. He is a long shot to make the team, though a victory at Royal Liverpool -- or the PGA Championship -- would do the trick. Watson repeated the two factors that matter to him -- the game and the health of Woods. And he was careful not to speculate what would happen if Woods failed to get into the FedEx Cup playoffs for the top 125. Woods is at No. 212 with three tournaments remaining. "If hes playing well and hes healthy, Ill pick him," Watson said. "But then the caveat is if he doesnt get into the FedEx Cup. What to do then? And thats the question I cant answer right now." Woods has the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone ($9 million purse) and the PGA Championship ($10 million purse, with points doubled) before the Ryder Cup qualifying period ends. Watson will make his three picks after the second FedEx Cup event. "I cant speculate how hes going to be playing through the PGA," Watson said. "I hope that hes playing well enough where he gets in the FedEx Cup and plays a few tournaments in the FedEx Cup. Thats my sincere hope, that he plays well. And I suspect hell be there." Woods won at Royal Liverpool in 2006. He returns to a course that is green and lush, a sharp difference from last time when it was brown and fast. He played 12 holes Saturday and 18 holes Sunday, and was not at the course for much of Monday. He has said his intention is to win this week, having returned three weeks ago at Congressional with plenty of rust in his short game. Woods missed the cut. Watson likes the way Woods is thinking, and hopes every player in the field has the same intention. "Just put it this way: I wouldnt write off Tiger Woods for a long time the way he plays the game," Watson said. "Hes a tough competitor. He knows how to swing the golf club. And yes, hes had some injuries and other things -- issues. But the thing is, hes had a long career. And I fully expect it to be a longer career." Woods has made every Ryder Cup team since he turned pro except for 2010, when he was returning from a scandal in his private life that led to divorce. Corey Pavin picked up for the team at Wales. Woods won three of his four matches for his best individual record in any Ryder Cup. Ryan Ramczyk Jersey . -- Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que. Bobby Hebert Jersey . It was a move of some time in the making. “He hasnt thrown well, clearly some guys are being used more than him right now and the only way to get out of this funk is to pitch,” said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. http://www.shoptheofficialsaints.com/El ... ts-Jersey/. - Carter Verhaeghe scored the winner with 41 seconds to go as the Niagara IceDogs edged the North Bay Battalion 3-2 to even their first-round series at a game apiece in Ontario Hockey League playoff action on Sunday. Michael Thomas Jersey . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. Cameron Jordan Jersey .C. -- LeBron James called comments on an audio recording of a man identified as Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling "appalling" and said hes not sure if he would suit up for the remainder of the NBA playoffs if he played for the Clippers.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Kerry, How in the world does PK Subban not get a penalty for pushing the net off with less than a minute left in the game!!!! As the broadcaster said, is it not a penalty shot? Was the official holding back in a tough spot? Martin Smalling,Kingston, ON Martin: First I provide the rule that the broadcaster, Jim Hughson referenced: (63.2) A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player who delays the game by deliberately displacing a goal post from its normal position. The Referee shall stop the play immediately when the offending team gains possession of the puck. (63.5) If by reason of insufficient time in the regular playing time or by reason of penalties already imposed, the minor penalty assessed to a player for deliberately displacing his own goal post cannot be served in its entirety within the regular playing time of the game or at any time in overtime, a penalty shot shall be awarded against the offending team. Martin, for the referee to apply this rule the optimum word is "deliberate." There was more than reasonable doubt created on this play (Click here for the viz courtesy of TH2N) in the referees judgment (and mine) that PK Subban did not deliberately displace the goal post in his effort to gain possession of the puck behind the Montreal net. As you watch the replay take note of the puck location as it rested behind the Montreal net after it was shot into the Habs zone by David Krejci and played by the stick of Carey Price from within his goal crease. Subban is the closest Montreal player to the puck just outside and to the right of center of the goal crease as he faced the net.dddddddddddd PK is also a right hand shot and would have noticed in advance the Bruins forecheck by Zdeno Chara to his right side and Milan Lucic in the centre and Jarome Iginla to Subbans left. Given Subbans position in the moment and that of the puck in relation to the Bruins forecheckers, PK determined his best play was to get to the puck and reverse it up the wall with his forehand. An attempted backhand clearing shot against the oncoming force of Chara was clearly not the best or safest option for Subban to take! PK Subbans attack of the puck (based on his position) took him through Carey Prices goal crease until he was forced to make an immediate right turn at the corner of the net with Lucic and Igina bearing down on his left side. Subban recognized he had little time to get to the puck and make a play in advance of the Bruins attack and in the essence of time cut as closely to the goal post as possible. Just prior to contact with the post Subban elevated his shoulder and changed his posture in what appears to be a minimal effort to avoid the post. Given the hard cut that he was making contact with the post became accidental and not deliberate. I dont even believe this was an "accidentally on purpose" moment for PK Subban as his intent was to get to the puck as quickly as he could to make a play. For the referee to assess a penalty shot on this play there had to be absolutely no doubt in his mind that PK Subbans intent was to deliberately displace the goal post. More than reasonable doubt was created. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 am