It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:31 am

everyone leads in a different way 

Post everyone leads in a different way
MIAMI -- By now, Lance Stephensons list of egregious acts from Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals are well-known: He blew air into LeBron James ear, interrupted a Miami Heat huddle and got caught flopping for the second time. And on Thursday, the Heat tried to get their focus back on themselves. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra almost never holds a practice the day after a road game, especially when the team plane lands around 3:30 a.m. as was the case in the wee hours of Thursday. But Spoelstra deviated from the norm on the day before Game 6 of this East title series, not for any one on-court issue but rather so the two-time defending NBA champions could relieve some frustration. "Clear heads ... and to connect," Spoelstra said. "We didnt want to leave it all to tomorrow. There were some things we wanted to go over, and for times sake, splitting it up was a little bit more efficient." The Heat still lead the series 3-2, and get the chance to close the Pacers out for the third straight year on Friday night. The game is in Miami, where the Heat have won their last 10 playoff contests. Predictably, the talk on the off day wasnt so much about Paul George scoring 37 points to lead his team to a season-saving win, or even how James was held to seven points on a night that he was rendered silent for long stretches because of foul trouble. Instead, the buzz was almost entirely about Stephenson, who has simultaneously become a Heat frustration and Internet sensation. Images of his already-infamous ear-blowing stunt were widely distributed on social media moments after it occurred in Game 5, and he didnt back down Thursday when asked about his desire to pester the Heat. "Just playing ball, man, having fun and enjoying the moment," Stephenson said. Spoelstra didnt react when Stephenson -- who said James was showing signs of "weakness" earlier in the series -- crashed the Heat huddle. Much like his players, Spoelstra didnt bite when asked about the excitable Pacer guards attempts to throw Miami off its game. "Very bizarre game," Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. "Weird game. But its over." Indiana coach Frank Vogel didnt seem to mind the huddle move, though suggested the ear-blowing decision was a bit much. "People are in my huddle all the time. Every player in the NBA does that. Thats nothing," Vogel said. "Blowing in his face probably crosses the line. Thats not really who we are. We want to be a competitive team, but we dont want to cross the line." Stephenson and Pacers centre Roy Hibbert flew to Miami with slightly lighter wallets; Stephenson was fined $10,000 by the NBA on Thursday for his second flop of the series, Hibbert $5,000 for another flopping violation. It marked the second time in as many games that a Pacer has drawn a fine, with George having gotten dinged for $25,000 after blasting the officiating following Indianas loss in Game 4. In Georges case, the money might have seemed well-spent. Indiana took 22 free throws in Game 5 to Miamis eight, a total that matched the fewest any team has shot in a playoff game since 2006. "We just didnt get to the free-throw line," James said. "We were aggressive ... we shot the ball extremely well. We just didnt get to the line." Almost everything went wrong for Miami in Game 5, and the Heat still nearly won. James shot just 2 for 10 in 24 minutes, and got his fifth foul with 8 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter, with the Heat leading by eight. Miami went scoreless on nine of its first 12 possessions after James checked out and the Pacers used that stretch to build a five-point lead, the margin eventually reaching seven when George connected on a 3-pointer at the third-quarter buzzer. Down by as many as 11 in the fourth, Miami had a chance to take the lead in the final seconds, but Chris Boshs 3-pointer bounced away. And with that, the Heat started the process of turning the page to Friday night, when they could punch their fourth straight ticket to the NBA Finals. "Its Game 6," Bosh said. "Its our Game 7." T. J. Watt Steelers Jersey . made a diving catch in left field for the final out in a 1-0 victory over the Miami Marlins in a regular-season finale Sunday. Zimmermann (14-5) allowed only two baserunners, finishing with 10 strikeouts and one walk in the fifth no-hitter in the majors this year. James Conner Youth Jersey .ca. Kerry, In the closing minutes of the second period of Game 4 between Pittsburgh and Columbus there were the remnants of two broken sticks behind the Pittsburgh net. http://www.footballsteelerstore.us/Blac ... ersey/.com) - Maria Sharapova reached her 10th career grand slam final after beating Ekaterina Makarova in straight sets at the Australian Open on Thursday. JuJu Smith-Schuster Jersey . Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone dismissed Tuesdays massive anti-government protest in Manama as "a lot of kids having a go at the police." "I dont think its anything serious at all," Ecclestone was quoted as saying in The Guardian newspaper on Wednesday. JuJu Smith-Schuster Womens Jersey . Armstrong was given the rank of "Chevalier" -- or Knight -- in the "Legion dHonneur" in 2005, the last year of his seven consecutive Tour de France victories.With a new long-term contract and training camp within sight, Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban is ready to get started on the new NHL season. Speaking to the media at Canadiens head coach Michel Therriens charity golf tournament, Subban addressed his recent arbitration hearing and contract negotiations leading up to his new eight-year, $72 million deal. "Im just happy to be here long term, and I know theyre very happy to have me," he told reporters. Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin and owner Geoff Molson were under fire during the off-season for what seemed to be a long road towards signing the 25-year-old to a long-term deal. Now that the deal is done, the young veteran defencemen is sticking up for the management team. "It was a very healthy process for me," he explained. "There were no negatives with this process. I think it was a little bit unsettling to hear some of the things that were said about management and Marc during the process. "I understand, but it was still disturbing for me. At this point in time I think everyone needs to look at the fact that the deal is done, Im here for a long time and it doesnt matter how the process happened." The Canadiens and Subbans camp met for their arbitration hearing on August 1 in Toronto. Both sides voiced their arguments to an appointed arbitrator in a four-hour session. From the end of the hearing, the arbitrator was given 48 hours to reach her decision. The Canadiens and Subban had until a decision was announced tto sign a new contract, otherwise the arbitration contract would have been binding and the two sides could not negotiate a new deal until January 1.dddddddddddd "I understand when its me its a little more magnified," Subban continued. "Thats okay, but at the end of the day the fans of Montreal and the community here should be happy with Marc Bergevin and Geoff Molson and how theyve conducted themselves not only with me, but with players that have signed long term deals. Its always first class, theyve done it the right way, and Im just happy to be here long term." Since the departure of former captain Brian Gionta to the Buffalo Sabres in the off-season, theres been much debate over who will be named the 34th captain in franchise history. Subbans name is one that surfaces the most, but the 2013 Norris Trophy winner wants it to be known that each of his teammates bring different leadership skills to the table. "When you look at our team everyone leads in a different way," he said. "But the cool thing about our team is that we have a lot of guys that are different leaders who have stepped up at different points in the season, and over the years." Lars Eller, fresh off signing a new four-year deal in July also weighed in on the captaincy debate. "I dont really see it that way as one guy replacing another guy," he told reporters at Therriens golf tournament. "We have a lot of leaders in the room and together were going to fill those shoes." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:59 am