It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:08 am

Just an Idea 

Post Just an Idea
On the Bideasynow Link directory i have a site by the Sun Newspaper and their Pre Paid Mastercard.

http://www.bideasynow.com/links/Finance ... rd-l8.html

I was just thinking that perhaps this would be a great alternative to getting paid on ebay, be it £1 or £1000.

Now when you apply for this card, i think it costs about £6.50 but when you top it up with £10 they credit you an extra £5.00 free. Now the great thing about this card is that you get a Bank Giro book of paying in slips, so....................

When someone wins one of your auctions you post them a bank giro slip or even email them one in a scanned photo.

Then that person goes to the nearest bank and pays the amount in, withing 2 days it will be on your card which you can check online and they you can either spend it like a mastercard credit card or withdraw it as cash

Either way YOU have that Money and not Paypal

Would this work do you think???

Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

nice idea, and it would work as long as the buyer is willing to go the bank and pay the cash over,

but in all honesty buyers (me included) want the item ASAP and paying by paypal is just the fastest and esyest paymant option,

i try not to buy unless i can use paypal,

also because there are not many people using this type of payment, buyers could be put off thinking its some sort of scam :roll:

Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:41 pm

nice idea, and it would work as long as the buyer is willing to go the bank and pay the cash over,

but in all honesty buyers (me included) want the item ASAP and paying by paypal is just the fastest and esyest paymant option,

i try not to buy unless i can use paypal,

also because there are not many people using this type of payment, buyers could be put off thinking its some sort of scam :roll:

Good points there mark and i agree 100%,

But if this did take off as a means of getting paid and getting your money cash in your hand as oppose to just being in credit with paypal, i think it could work, if you wanted to withdraw cash from your paypal account how long would that take???

I'm gonna try it, next time i sell on ebay and see what response i get, i can't see people thinking its a scam as it has a pretty secure papertrial via the banks and the card company, its no difference to having someone paying direct to your bank account, but in this day and age with ID fraud on the up, i'm not too happy about dishing out my bank details, although the Government don't seem to let it worry them :evil:

I guess with a lot of ideas especially new ones they have their ups and down points, what does everyone else think ???

Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:50 pm
Profile WWW

I take it they do not add a fiver every time you add a tenner! :.:

http://www.fruitmachinerefillkeys.com

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:40 pm
Profile WWW

I take it they do not add a fiver every time you add a tenner! :.:

errr nope :roll: :D

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:43 pm
Profile WWW